Play a Game? (Game tracker)

Pic0o

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to add extra on the not Portal thing, but alas. :bunny: The 2nd Postal game was goofy, but still decent. 3 is of the turd caliper.

Speaking of smells, a Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo will be up on Jan 10th / 11th. If the demo is a corridor bomb, you know they learned nothing from the last XIII game. I didn't hate XIII, but holy shit did they fail on taking it out of tutorial and corridor mode, until nearly the end. I also wish they at least let you replay all the cut scenes once you beat it.

I grabbed Pushmo off the 3DS eShop this week. Gotta say the game is just as awesome as it has been said to be. Simple concept, awesome execution. Peep this NeoGaf OT for the game and also enjoy a bunch of QR codes for custom levels.

I grabbed about a dozen levels, since many will require you to be beyond Chapter 1 to get some of the bigger ones. I think I saw mention of Puzzle 109 or so. I am currently in the 30's. Gonna play more tonight, since I repped Mario 3D Land with a passion.

I also reworked the OP with more titles. I'll likely give it more flavor over the week, since I only added 3DS stuff that has an ETA of sometime this year.

CES is going on this week and some new game demos should be up today. 2 I can think of are FFXIII-2 and Asura's Wrath.

I think the Club Nintendo game selection via coins should update today or tomorrow as well.

• Dr Mario Online (Wii) - 100 Coins
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Wii / N64) - 150 Coins
  • Kirby's Dreamland (3DS / GameBoy) - 100 Coins
  • Dr Mario Express (3DS / DSiWare title) - 150 Coins

Since I still have my N64 cart for MM, I'll save my coins. Current items are available until Jan 31st in the US Club Nintendo shop.

I also called Nintendo to see if old DSiWare game could be restored from a (since sold and wiped) DSi to 3DS, and the only method remains to be via local 3DS transfer tool. I had Dr. Mario express on my DSi, but the lack of any multi-player took away the charm.

Speaking of DSiWare / 3DS, I had little over $10 bucks on my system, so I spent another $2 and finally got Shantae: Risky Revenge. A platformer with a Hip-shaking, hair whipping, half-genie main character who's rival is a Pirate named Risky Boots? Totally my speed here.

Edited by Pic0o

Played the Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo on PS3 tonight. I have to say that the inclusion of a Town, Pets (in battle party), Job Roles being available from the start, and extra setting controls for camera and such, are pretty nice.

Meanwhile, I'm not so much a fan of the 'Action Cutscene' that is basically a QTE. Also there is now a time mechanic linked with the story. Add what I read about the story in the latest GI mag and there is some prospects of disappointment. I am a fan of the changes that are listed above, but I'm not really drooling on the prospect of playing XIII-2.

Call it a grudge, but after buying XIV (and to a lesser extent FF XIII), I am very patient grabbing any new Final Fantasy titles. I figure I will scoop it up on sale at some point though.

• 3 weeks later...

Soul Calibur 5 is in Kat's hands now. We'll give it a play tonight. Went with PS3 version for free online, and so I can use my Arcade stick. :)

Word to credit from old iPhone trade in. :yar: That got us Mario Kart 7, Soul Calibur 5 and almost half of the CE for Diablo 3.

Almost done with main story in Dragon Quest IX. After that I'll have mad extra quests, treasure dungeons and alt jobs to level. I got Kat's copy up to where we can Co-op! ;)

I was already interested in Lollypop Chainsaw, then I saw a pre-order Ash skin and that Jimmy Urine (MSI) is doing some songs and a voice over for a character in the game.

Minor but awesome details pretty much sealed the deal here. ETA of August or so for release. :afro:

I am likely to rotate onto some PS2 game playing. Resident Evil 4 tops my list currently, as I tried playing it on Wii, but loathed the controls highly. A very handy resource for my playing is what games support 480p and widescreen. Gonna make good use of the clearance component cables I got awhile back.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 3 weeks later...

Alan Wake's American Nightmare should be released on Wed 2/22/2012. As I loved the 1st game, I'm pretty likely to pick this up on XBLA release.

$15 is a little high, but reviews seem to place it as worthwhile. I have a $10 points card from Xmas, so it's an easy score for me. I do hope I don't have to have Gold active on my XBL account for this, as that would be pretty lame.

Speaking of Alan Wake, the original game is now on PC. If you haven't played it and would like some flashlight + gun play, I'd pick this game up.

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the future. A future where you can purchase something and have the software vendor remove it from your personal device.

Granted this is on an iPhone, but do you really think the next wave of consoles will not have a similar 'feature'? Just another reason to think a minute before buying anything with an EA logo on the cover. On the good side, thank you gave publishers for making sure I wait to jump into the next console gen, as we did with PS3/360.

For all the early adopters, Good Luck on that beta testing! :lol:

TES: Online looks to be coming in 2013.

Not gonna lie, I am pretty scared of a MMO Elder Scrolls game. The current era games are enough of a black hole time sink adventure. Rabidly curious how enjoyable it will be when you are competing with other people for objectives and the like. I think this will be an interesting release, but I don't think I'll be on the release day party.

In other game news, Prototype 2 came out this week?!? I saw it @ BB yesterday grabbing some fans. Interested how the 2nd game is, but not interested in throwing down $60 bones so close to D3. Anyone playing it, let me know how it holds up to the first game.

Edited by Pic0o

Nintendo Delivers!

Vampire: Master of Darkness from the GameGear is on the 3DS Store. Such a great side-scrolling beast Castlevania-like game.

Not sure when it's going to hit the US store, but I am down when it does.

JP to get this game on June 27th. Hopefully US isn't far behind.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 1 month later...

As one might guess from my Max Payne 3 (PC) score this weekend, I am done main-lining Diablo 3, as Inferno is a challenge and all, but I'm no longer daily bound to keep playing. I got my fun from Normal thru Hell difficulty but Inferno isn't something I feel I need to keep on steadily.

Put a few hours into Max Payne 3 last night before True Blood and the Single Player is looking good, even despite it's cut scenes. I also re-upped my Final XI sub, as a local buddy is back on messing around. I caught his friend online but didn't catch him this weekend.

I am still moderately interested in Darksiders 2, but luckily that got bumped out to August, so I have some time on that front.

Lollipop Chainsaw looks interesting, but I'm in the air on getting for release price.

Oh yeah, I was slacking on E3 links for this year, but from what I saw on the link front, the demoed stuff wasn't looking too whimsical and on top of it all, pretty much everything is set for 2013-ish.

Random fun fact:

If you want to find a PC game in a retail store, go to Target. Better selection and stock than Best Buy. Gamestop is pretty much done with PC, short of pre-orders, Blizzard games and MMOs.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty intense last few weeks. I was playing Costume Quest and it took over my face. Pretty solid game mechanics, exploration, and awesome story fun. Battle chumps to rescue your lost companion for treat get! I started Grublins on ice, but didn't finish that expansion, yet. :)

I highly enjoyed main playthru of Costume Quest and pretty much played it non-stop. If you enjoy exploration and a turn based combat encounter system, you should be down.

Besides FFXI, I also picked up Final Fantasy XIII-2 on $20 sale and it's actually pretty good. Playing it on easy to avoid follies I had in XII, and to not be an eternal playthru. I have 23 hours or so on it so far, am in Chapter 4 and has 2 main roles at level 99.

These have been the games of the last few weeks. As for FFXI, we got Kat a legion of Fame in Windy and am 5/6 on the main summons. Turns out we can duo them with our MNK + BLM pretty easily, even without 2 hours. :yar: