Play a Game? (Game tracker)

Pic0o

Been playing XIV Beta on the weekends and a bit of Zelda - Oracle of Ages. Finally got Moosh again in my continued playthru from Seasons into Ages and I'm just before the 4th temple.

I grabbed Oracle of Seasons on 3DS so I can use my clear code from Ages, for the ultimate ending / playthru. Mobile on an analog stick will be a great primer for the new 3DS Zelda dropping around the Fall.

Depending on sales, likely to grab Blood Dragon for Far Cry 3. Rumor is GameFly is supposed to have a sale today, but it didn't update yet. Else Steam Sales should be any day now. I never saw this deal go live, so I passed on the purchase. Added DLC to my Steam list though, in hopes of a cut for summer sale.

Oh yeah. I also collect RPGs, especially handheld games. I want to re-CFW my PSP as it's the best emulation / RPG device I have, short of the PS2. TV Out to my LCD and all of a sudden my handheld is a console. :)

I have Star Ocean 2 to complete and Tactics Ogre, that I have yet to sink into.

There also happens to be a http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610351]PSP Emulator out[/url]. PPSSPP is something I haven't messed with, yet.

Edited by Pic0o
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Fantasy VII for PC is $11.99 on Steam. This is the remastered PC port. I grabbed this as the last time I tried to get my OG PC version of Final 7 running, it was a PITA. This version also has gamepad support. Woot.

Adding to the RPG collection and likely to start playing this weekend, as I never cleared this game back in the yonder days.

End of Disc 1 on Monday. FFVII is going well. Party is in the light 40's. I kind of love to RPG grind.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 2 weeks later...

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is $8.99 on a daily deal. Bit on that purchase and so far it's the only one for me this sale.

It's a stand alone, so you don't have to have the main Far Cry 3 to play. Putting effort to tame the backlog, since I haven't been gaming too heavily. Final VII will get some more action when I get back from weekend travels.

I also had to make pre-order love for more Zelda books. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0804161380/]Strat guides in a treasure chest box[/url] was a brief delay to order, but after a couple days, I locked in.

Rise of the Triad remake is due out on 7/31. Pre-order folk get the Apogee throwback pack, containing:

Apogee Throwback Pack. The pack usually runs $10 and includes Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the Extreme Rise of the Triad expansion pack, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and Blake Stone: Planet Strike.

I also finally bit the itch and ordered a copy of Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller. I have a soft spot for PC games out of 1994 and my Original CD is far too scratched to work. This game has been pretty hard to find on ISO hunting, so I finally bought an old copy.

Thinking I'll continue from Disc 02 of Final Fantasy VII tonight then break into some Blood Dragon. I did grab Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (PS3), as I liked the game and will likely replay, but wanted to rock JP audio and I don't have a 360 these days (original version I played on 360).

Here is my original Star Ocean 4 thread. I was drinking Rum and Jolt back then and kicking out 5am to 8am like a boss. So Awesome. Kind of crazy it has been over 3 years since I was doing my original play on 360.

/Random observation. How the hell is the WiiU still going for $350 for the 32GB bundle? I have a consideration to grab one someday, but that price point is at least $100 too high for the premium pack. It's not like I'm gushing for the console, but I know how that will change once some more titles (Zelda nerd) show up on it. I figure the Ps4 / XBO release will force a price drop anyway.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking to put some more time on Final Fantasy VII tonight. I am pretty well into the side content of Disc 02, so I might actually GG this over the weekend. Rise of the Triad and Blood Dragon somewhere to be next on the list. Start Ocean Second Story also on that radar, since I'm pretty far in.

Vampire Bloodlines is an awesome game. Apparently, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646159]there are a ton of texture mods[/url] and HD up goodness. I have a few installed but not most of the linked stuff. Looks great.

Games for Windows Live is starting to decommission here in the next few weeks (8/22 I believe). I'd re-download anything you bought from there and hope for the best. I'm reinstalling GTA IV and Ballad of Gay Tony, because you can only get DLC via the nested linking in your Xbox / GFWL profile.

Some games are already removing the GFWL components such as Bioshock 2 and the Batman AC / AA titles. I'm not so sure Rockstar will be quick on the draw to do the same, so I'm grabbing my content and preparing to hack away the protection later if needed.

All digital, maximum bullshit. I might as well just put in some work and join the cracking scene. :lol:

Hopefully so. Re-installing the GFWL client the overnight, made me feel dirty.

Also, is it wrong I have next to no interest in GTA V? PC release confirmation would make that a thing, but I have more confidence Saint's Row IV will be the vastly superior game. Seeing the plans for GTA Online also does nothing to illicit my interest in this game, from being a cinematic snorefest.

Sorry Rockstar, but Multi Theft Auto did it better. GTA IV multi was fun, with friends. MTA was fun, period.

PS4 Release dates. 2013/11/15 in the US, Europe on 2013/11/29.

Looking forward to see how the Day 1 folks are doing. My November budget will not be going to either console on release. Once the Ps4 is out for a little bit, I will likely jump in however.

My PS3 has served me far better than my 360 had. Completely a factor in my platform judgement.

Edited by Pic0o

Saints Row IV is out? I guess it dropped on Tuesday!

Anyone have personal feedback? I about bought it today on a whim, but XIV early access is on Friday and I already have enough items to complete game wise. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I thoroughly enjoyed SR3, it's too early for me to want to play through something like that again. When I heard it doesn't support more than 2 player co-op it was immediately dropped from my 'list of shit to buy as soon as it comes out', which now currently totals:

I have been putting a few hours here or there into CS:GO lately. After a year of patches I'd say the game has greatly improved from my beta experiences. It's poised at the moment to be the only FPS remotely relevant in e-Sports, which draws some of my interest. In my eyes, CS:S was a very terrible game that isn't really worth comparison. At this point I'm willing to say that this is the best attempt Valve have ever made at a CS title (they didn't really make 1.6 after-all). While I find the artistry of the game and a lot of the broad design decisions rather poor/questionable, I'd say the game-play is almost there. Almost. The general combat mechanics are at the point where I'd nearly say they're flat out better than 1.6, but huge problems remain in other areas of the game (maps and matchmaking primarily).

Oh yeah. 2 only on Co-op is a killer. I know people who were copped into thinking GTA4 was going to have mission co-op. Dude was bent when not by release, for good reason, imo. Money saved on that. Gonna be on that for a bit no matter what I'd like. :p

Word yeah I've seen CS:GO on a buddies pad playing. Looked cool and mad legit combattan. Maps did see to be a scarce selection for the amount of games I have seen.

• 3 months later...

It is after Xmas! I scored a $50 steam card, so I picked up (and have yet to play)

[*]Saint's Row IV [*]Pixeljunk Eden [*]Limbo [*]Prototype 2

I am also slowly playing some The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Very cool. :)

I traded some old stuff in a few weeks ago at a local shop. Got a Zelda hardcover CE Guide for Spirit Tracks and also the Bully Scholarship Guide, along with some PSP UMD Movie titles.

[*]Evil Dead 1 [*]Cannibal the Musical [*]Busta Rhymes - Everything Remains Raw [*]Aeon Flux

I was blown away by the rare and cheap UMDs. Not bad for about $50 store credit :)

Oh yeah, Steam Cards and Snow Globes. Sold 10 of them and got little over $1 into my wallet. Sold VERY rapidly, so I used my balance to grab Limbo. Game looked and played fun, but I was not paying the $15 it released at.

• 4 weeks later...

:) I forgot about Terraria! I finally was able to bring my PS2 to PS3 and Nintendo game collection home from upstate. I also am putting my other SSD back in the PS3, as it does help a bit with online GTA V loading. :)