Sign in to follow this  
Pic0o

Play a Game? (Game tracker)

Updated 1st post with released Items, and prospects of DS Awesome.

I added Bleach - Shattered Blade to the list, as it's a Fighter based off the Anime, with English Voiceovers, and no editing from the current aired content in Japan, that is a Fansub Fav.

While I prefer watching the Anime in Subs w/ Original Voices, English Dubs on the game is a necessary evil, especially in a fighter.

In Current Game notes, I did Wrap up Godfather before Metroid Prime Hit, and in Metroid, I basically have the last Pirate Boss fight, before wrapping up that disk of Awesome.

If you have a Wii, and were Bored, Godfather and Metroid are solid Choices. Next on my List to try and wrap up, is Resident Evil 4, as I never played it though yet. :o

Howdy from the overly AC'd Workplace. It's lunchtime and what better way to spend it, then drooling over games?

This will be similar to the New Wii Release Topic, except it will be 360 or anything else you have on your radar, released or unreleased.

The amount of sweet looking games this season is nuts, and since the 360 came back into the house, I have a method to fully embrace lazy recliner long-term game sessions (sorry Wii, but I get hungry for real slacking and controller sessions too).

My Radar of Games on the Radar:

• Mass Effect - Sounds like a nice Shooter / RPG mix. Tons of replay from what folks are saying.
  • Crackdown
  • Dead Rising

Here are some in the future games. I approach some new stuff with caution, until people who are not being paid for their observations get a hold of the game.

• Burnout: Paradise - Xer mentioned this one with high praise. Since he's a real gamer and not a salary gamer, I'm on it. :P
  • Lost Odyssey - Another soon to release RPG in Japan, and drop around 2/08 here in the States. I'm also interested in the Unreal 3 Engine use.
  • Silent Hill V - I really enjoyed Silent Hill 2 on my PC while Unemployed and watching massive amounts of A-Team and Night Rider. Hopefully I'll continue to be employed when this one drops. :P
  • Resident Evil 5 - I need to play catchup as I played a ton of 1 when it released via borrowing consoles, and I touched a bit of 4, before the other wave of games hit.

I'm being pretty picky on grabbing many more shooters, as I think Halo 3 is well then enough for my MP Needs (still moderately low), and I have Bioshock to rock after Assassins Creed. I'm holding out on CoD4 until I see someone else play it, and convince me it has long term enjoyment value.

I did finish in the Top half of a 6 man DM the other day. Bless people w/ less FPS skill then me. :bunny:

Speaking of the .hack games (Ps2), if I ever hit a game slump again, I'd like to pickup the 2nd and 3 installments of the G.U. series, after I get around to rocking Resident Evil 2, 3, and 4 (Ps2 Essentials pack).

Any other titles to suggest for the 360? We also picked up Viva Pinata for $20.00, and that game is insanely addicting from the start.

Edited by Pic0o

Pic0o - there are demos for both Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon available via mr marketplace, also a HL2 demo....only trailer videos on the other games....One thing you need to get used to as a 360 owner is the marketplace :)

I saw HL2, totally missed the Blue Dragon and ET Demo :o

I DL'ed the Jericho demo too, and felt it was bleh.

I'll be on the BD and ET Demos tonight. :wub:

We went to Video Game Monster Sat w/ Shank and his Lady, and while there, they picked up Halo 3, to go with the 360 they picked up while in town.

Being a bad influence is awesome! While we were out, I had to get Orange Box. Holy crap Portal is really fun, I'm on 18/19 of the first level and I love the Companion Cube and my trusty gun already.

I also scored Blue Dragon used from the VGM and that is proving to be quite the fun game too, especially when you are a little too tire to go all Halo on someone online. I downloaded the patch for higher difficulty, but since I'd rather not take 20 turns per fight, I went back to playing the game on normal, for the Quick fights.

Super Awesome games. I will be set for my New Years Vacation, giving me a 6-day weekend for New Years. :captain: Oh yeah, Kat has Puzzle Quest on the 360, as Wal-mart had a sale of 'While you are here getting more drinks, you could also spend $20 extra for that Points Card'. Notice how I did not save any money in the deal, but we got Puzzle quest dammit!

I have an addiction with collecting games to play, so I will probably use any Holiday funds to score Mass Effect, Crackdown and Dead Rising. Thank the gods the later 2 are discounted since they are older. ;)

I scored Mass Effect for 360 while back in PA, with the Help of Kat. ;)

I played about 2.5 Hours last night and I do enjoy it. I turned off motion blur from the boot and I've had minimal slowdown issues on my romp of the first planet.

I should be picking up Burnout Paradise this Week, and we also have Devil May Cry 4 on Preorder. While there, I picked up Devil May Cry 1 on PS2 for $8.00, since I am a stranger to playing the series, but have seen it a few times played by others.

Throwing a link to a Alone in the Dark Review that makes me glad I didn't pick it up.

It seems like the last 2 games were designed and produced by some hippie Art student, who opted to make it overly awkward to play, solely to be different. As the Reviewer does, I also love the first 3 AITD Games, before Edward Carnby got slapped around different times in the 20th and 21st century.

Sad news indeed the gameplay is all but garbage. I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one, solely because of the disappointment of 'A New Nightmare'. The most sad part is that most folks don't recall AITD 1 was well before Resident Evil established itself, but obviously, Resident Evil stole the thunder, but spent enough time in new titles, to not vomit all over what made the first games good.

I did some updating to the list for upcoming titles going into 2009. October, as per usual, has a small army of good games coming out. I may try to rock some long weekends to make up for Halloween.

Is it wrong that I would like the 360 and DS Sonic games to not be garbage? I hope this round, non-shittyness comes to form.

/random shizi since I can directly post again from office. :)

DS Castlevania - Order of Ecc looks insane. Total Drool and 100% Get. I think our 2nd Copy of MHF2 will be credit on that. :P

Gotta relay some PSP Star Ocean :wub: to the Fam for the Holidays.

/random shizi since I can directly post again from office. :)

DS Castlevania - Order of Ecc looks insane. Total Drool and 100% Get. I think our 2nd Copy of MHF2 will be credit on that. :P

I dunno-- devs keep trying to make new sonic games-- but have any of them worked out since the classics? Like, really worked out? :S

The new Sonic game would be OK if they didn't add a sudo hack-n-slash RPG tingle to it. I guess a dev said a Full Sonic OG style game would take too long to make. The Problem however, is that it would sell. :o

Maybe after 3 or more shitty games, someone will catch a hint. fish.gif

So, I see Feb 10th was the release of OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. Scantily Clad Women killing Zombies, sounds like it could be a champ.

I'd love to see a demo, as blind game jumping does not bode well for me these days. :o I see this was a 2006 JP game, just recently brought to the states. Ahh, I found some Destructoid Info on the game, I am reading now.

After the read, I'll save my monies. Sounds like the game suffers from more concept then gameplay powa. Off Radar. :lol:

Edited by Pic0o
Passing this one up.

I just did an update of the OP. First post tables cleaned up a bit for easier reading and I added stuff slated for this year.

Handhelds are looking really weak this year. Kinda sad on that front. I am near wrapping up Casltevania: Order of Ecclesia on our DS, as I am in Dracula's Castle currently.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this