Play a Game? (Game tracker)

Pic0o

Almost picked up Darksiders 2, but since my buddy is jumping on some FFXI later tonight, and I still have the Skyrim expansion, I resisted.

Skyrim in a few til dude wakes back up. :) Double Axes got some words for all those unruly vampires.

Meanwhile, a recliner has found it's way to my desk. Awesome level for keyboard tray and all. :ahoy:

Edited by Pic0o
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

League of Legends is the current effort in the land of RTS-like play. I am Level 5 nub now, working some Ashe for basic flow and some bot runs on scrubbing for Gold / XP kills.

I also re-tried Rise of Nitemares for Xbox 360 Kinect. Somewhere in Chapter 3 near currently on my last play for a few hours. I felt the urge to re-try for $20 sale. :yar:

Wrapping up my N64 replay of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Shadow Temple rocking in a bit, until outdoor adventures. :smurfy:

Good Sound Card use by running Audio in from TV, so I can play music and game on same speakers / volume balance. :yar: Shadow Temple gonna get mad run. BOSS FIGHT

Edited by Pic0o

I almost forgot about Torchlight 2, then I saw it came out on 9/20. Since I didn't get the massive scale of play from my Diablo 3 running, I I thin $20 for Torchlight 2 may be highly likely for my life.

I grabbed the 1.5GB demo and will give it a run this week. If it's bomb, I'll likely scoop it up for some loot whoring fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Darksiders 2 is 50% off for the next 26 hours on Steam. Getting you into the game for $25 on PC. I think this need to happen for my life. :)

Looks like the PC Port got some attention by patching from the lackluster state it launched in. Good News... until you get near the end of the thread. Reading continues.

Opted to get game

It is certainly a console port. It has up to Patch 1.04, but what I am seeing most painful, is ground texture range being very small radius. Little bit of engine jank with framerate, but not unplayable.

Hack that emulator port engine and increase them ranges. Please and we'd have Magic.

Still a fun game so far, most def worth grabbing. I love a mashup with skill game. Darksiders 1 was masterful. So far looking good for 2. Loving the Inventory / Gear system.

A tweak guide can be found here. @ PCGamingWiki... Nice Site. :musictang:

Ambient Occlusion = Looks great, crushes performance with shadows.

Edited by Pic0o
Port, M0dz!

I replayed most of Zelda recently as well, until my bear paws for hands cramped up trying to use a controller designed for 8 year olds.

Mostly play Battlefield 3 online (PS3) or NHL13 offline with the b'ys I live with.

:P on the Zelda claw. I was working on a N64 OOT replay, and after beating Shadow Temple Boss, my save didn't take, reverted to boss fight and has since cleared. This was a used cart, but it seemed fine until the Boss fight > Save, Reload and have to re-fight, then gone save slot.

Been light on anything multi the last couple weeks. Was gimping around again in League, but the tactical-clicky isn't my stronger suit. Batman took me over the instant it was PC install. Bwhahaha. 30 or so hours over a week of yes please!

The Amazon deal for BOTH Batman Arkham City & Asylum games is still up for $9.99. It uses Steam Keys, so easy register and download.

If you haven't played these, you have no excuse to not get both of these games for $10 bucks. Hell I bought this despite already having Batman AC for PC, as I'll give that steam key to my buddy. I wanted to replay Arkham Asylum on PC in the near future and the AA GOTY still goes for $20 regularly.

• 4 weeks later...

Rage joins my backlog for PC. I saw it local for $10 and finally decided to bite. 20GB install for the game! It came with 3 DVDs, but I installed a steam copy via Steam key that came with the game.

I barely played 5 minutes, as I was rebuilding a rig for my buddy. I should get some time in this week and over the weekend.

Gear up for Black Friday and beyond. If you are thinking about any recently released games. I'd peep the walmart sales flier thread @ NeoGAF.

While going to any store on Black Friday is a bad call, online sales will probably catch up closer to the day. Lots of new stuff on sale for $40 to $25. Console only it seem though. crdy.gif

I can tell you my friend is gonna be Pissed when he sees Xcom going for $25. He paid $50 last week on steam, only to find out Windows XP isn't supported due to some bad programming by the dev house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mostly done with WoW. Been playing some X-COM, the recently released update to the classic DOS game.

Also playing PlanetSide 2. Free to play. If anyone does get in on it, there's a 3x Station Cash day the 21st. (buying a 15$ game card and getting 4500 station cash for use in game, instead of 1500)

PlanetSide 2 is fun. Battles with 100's of people, can fly, drive tanks, run and gun. The outfit I'm with, we're usually rolling 101st AB style.

Cool and Night of the good to thee. I've been on some 3DS handheld games lately. Rocked out Paper Mario Sticker Star and nearly cleared 1st play of Kid Icarus 3DS. That game is almost too good. Picked it up on a sale whim and have been moved since.

Hoping Final Fantasy XIV ARR is re-opened soon, as I long for a story deep game MMO. I hope the relaunch will balance the pretty graphics to some FFXI-scale content and text support.

Non-MMO PC wise, Saints Row 3 is a good time and was gotten silly cheap. I was playing RAGE a bit, but the vehicle sections drained my motivation. Darksiders 2 follows a similar tale. I hit a fetch-heavy portion and it felt offensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam sales continue forward into next week. I have picked up quite a few items thanks to a $50 Steam Card and some mad Daily Deals / Instant Sales.

• Saint's Row 3 DLC Packs
  • Tropico 4 + Expansions
  • Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 SE + DLC Packs and Expansion
  • La Noire + DLC
  • Castle Crashers
  • Torchlight II

I crushed on main Saint's Row 3 story play and wanted the DLC while it was all 3 expansions for $5. Magic has been getting heavy play the last couple days, as I played the previous game pretty heavily on 360.

I loaded LA Noire, but it runs like shit, imo. I think it tries to cap frames @ 24 fps, and recall seeing some jank when I loaded it in DirectX 11 mode. I've played Castle Crashers before and felt it deserved a home on my PC.

Picked up Torchlight 2 this weekend after seeing a buddy play. More Diablo 2 than Diablo 3, from the few hours I put in so far. As for Tropico 4, I wanted a good RTS to play and I liked the layout of this title. Daily Deal had me score game and all content for under $10.