Resident Evil 4

Pic0o

I have been doing a little checkup on the Resident Evil 4 port to Wii, and the Umbrella Chronicles exclusive title to follow.

I want to pickup RE4 for Wii, as a Missed the Gamecube and PS2 Versions. From what I have seen, the base movement will be done with the Nunchuck, while shooting will be done Via the Wiimote. I always felt kinda gimpy on a gamepad playing resident evil, so this should be a welcomed enhancement to the ported game.

We'll see what happens, as the Release date is around June 25th. Quite a good time of year for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick assessment of Gameplay after clearing the first part of chapter one, and after playing with knives, I have my motion down pretty good.

Well worth playing for 1st time on Wii. :)

I also scored an Optismash Prime Potatohead, and Tomb Raider Anniversary from the Mrs. :ninjawub:

I'm off to prep for Ma Dukes gettin here by 8pm or so.

Happy no work til Wed! :yar:

• 4 years later...

Playing on PS2

Bump to the effect of me playing RE4 on PS2. I got as far as chapter 1-2 on Wii and the controls were not working for me, since that start of the chapter has a large amount of mobs to kill. I did however just clear the area on PS2 with little issue.

The D-pad aiming is very helpful, as the analog on PS2 can be sloppy for headshots. I remembered trying this area on the Wii and becoming frustrated due to the controller + button config and how common the Wiimote movement would register a melee swing. As a result, I got rid of the Wii version quite some time ago.

Also on the upside for PS2 play, is Widescreen (16:9) support and 480p. If you hold down 'X and Triangle' on the Playstation 2 logo screen, you should be prompted to initialize Progressive mode. Confirm the setting and you'll be all set. Once in game, go to you options (Select) and pick Widescreen Mode.

Chapter 2-2 is my current area. I'm enjoying the story and events, but not enchanted by the gun-play. Still up in the air on prolonged playing.

Edited by Pic0o