Guitar Hero III

Pic0o

They are already lining the 360 (and other) versions up for a Patch to enable Local Co-Op.

We wanted to get this, but I am working on some Constraint and money saving skills, if not at least for the weekend. Wasn't Local Co-Op all about the GHIII Package? I've only watched people play, so I'm no GH Wizard. :lol:

Destructoid has an Awesome Kids in the Hall vid to go with the Missing Co-Op. :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got out of the Shower, and Thanks to Walmart, we have GHIII for the Party! :ninjawub:

I don't even see an option to buy a 2nd Guitar yet for the Wii, Emo Sauce.

I do support the -$10.00 Price Tag for the Wii and Ps2 Versions.

I'll be on the Chair upstairs, learning the ways of GHIII and Drinking, because well, that's the core of Rock, yeah? :yar:

Yeah, so you can play Co-Op, if you have a 2nd Guitar. Too bad those damn things are not for sale, or slated for a release date. Major oversight on their part. crdy.gif

I did see that the Wiimote can function as a Guitar without the casing, but it's mad ghetto.

Kat is pretty decent @ GH, I however bloooooooooooooow. I'll get some drinks in after we watch some bad horror movies, and hopefully I'll get some Fret skills.

Internet Play is in fact active on the Wii from what I saw, as I was able to connect. I dared not play a round, based on my lack of skill. :P

I just woke up, so I'll do some basement training. We should have plenty of games for folks next weekend. That works out for the best, since we're pretty low on Duckets. :P

Damn you awesome season for games!

I scanned the Wii Remote-Only Config from the manual. I'll give this a try later. :o

I just played Foghat via Guitar and Remote, and while I suck, I was happy I got over a 75% on Slow Ride playing Easy via Guitar (like I said, Guitar and Rhythm Nub). I played the same song via the Wiimote, and did ~ 56%. Once you play a couple more times with remote, it might be doable, but the Over, Under and Down of the Remote pressing, is definitely 2nd to the full Guitar shell.

At least you can play with a 2nd Person out of the box. I will be saving a few bucks for a 2nd casing though, for straight up rocking potential.

The Analog stick on the Guitar also proves quite nice for Menu Navigation and such, including accessing the Wii Menu when you hit the Home Key.

Added a Pic of our Axe. I dropped Red Octane a WTF Email about the No 2nd Guitar for Wii Players and asked for a Date we can order one.

GHIII_Multiplayer_Local.jpg

GHIII_Colored_Keys_Wiimote.jpg

GHIII_Wii_Guitar.jpg

Edited by Pic0o
Pics and Wiimote Info

No email reply yet, and today when you call the Support Number, No one answers, and you get a message about the Mailbox being Full.

WTF.

RedOctane

955 Benecia Ave

Sunnyvale, CA, 94085

USA

Customer Service Staff is available Monday through Friday 10AM - 5PM, Pacific Standard Time. You can also reach us at +1 (408) 481-9500.

We typically answer Support Requests within 1 Business Day, Emails are not answered on weekends and holidays.

I'd Like a 2nd Guitar before Sat, KTHX.

They cleared the Mailbox, and no one was avail on the phones again. I made a ref to my Email ticket, and asked for some method to have an OEM Sell me a Stand-Alone Guitar, and take care of supplying the replacement when they become available.

I'll look for some shooting stars and wish on them tonight too. :sail:

We opted to just suck it up, and buy the last Combo for the Wii @ Wallymart. I asked Red Octane to hit us up with some Intel on a possible RMA for the 2nd game copy, else we'll send it to Ebay once the Guitars are stand alone. :lol:

Weekend Party = Awesome, Check.

While I would have been happier to spend less money up front, we just spent a few hours playing each other and had a MF'ing Awesome Time.

Sleepy time, my Fingers are Tiiiiiired Foo! :zzz:

Edited by Pic0o

I got an email reply yesterday from Red Octane.

Hello,

We understand your concerns.

At this time, we do not have information regarding the sale of stand alone guitar controllers for the Nintendo Wii version of Guitar HeroT III: Legends of Rock. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We invite you subscribe to the Official RedOctane Newsletter to be among the first to receive information regarding future preorder promotions. In addition you will also receive news regarding New Products, Sales, Coupons and Special Deals. Please click on the following link for details:

http://www.redoctane.com/newsletter.html

Regards,

RedOctane Customer Service

www.RedOctane.com

Wow, Really? I'm glad it took 5 days to give me a Blanketed statement, with no real answers to the questions I asked. FYI, Hero is not spelled with a 'T' @ the end. :shank:

Thumbs down to Red Octane for falling for the same lack of planning most businesses do these days. Spend a damn day or 2 thinking about product distribution to support all the functions, before you launch it.

I got a follow up email yesterday giving info about filling an RMA out to get a refund on the unopened 2nd game. When I filled out the RMA they said they were unable to process it. I left a message in Ref to my ticket in effort to get everything in a row, so we can just send the damn disc back and get our loot.

I just watched a Video of TTFAF on Expert, with a 718k Score. My face about exploded watching, I'll need some severe time and death to the sun before that is attainable for me. :lol:

If you are a Wii Guitar Hero, you should notice your Batteries last a long time! I have the same batteries in my Guitar Remote that we started playing with, and I can safely estimate 30+ Hours have been poured into that Guitar, without one bar going down.

Random note, if you are playing Single player on the Wii and get an invite to play online from a Friend, an On-screen Logo with name will pop up on the Upper-Left Corner, while you are rocking out in Single player. More Random, our 2nd Disc is RMA'd and in the mail today.

We have a GHIII Projector setup here in the office today, Lunch might run a little long. ;)