3 Ring

Pic0o

Well, I can accurately use the Xbox RROD Icon, as mine is rolling RROD today. I came home and went to peep some Fallout, and was greeted with 3 Flashing Red Rings of Death. I'm reading up on some details, and so far, my error code via debugging lights is 0020. My Power Brick is Green and Kosher.

Gods Forbid I get any info like that from the MS KB article on RROD.

Mad shitty indeed. Checking if something can be done w/o an RMA, but it's looking like no so far. Good thing I didn't renew my Live account yet. crdy.gif

For you Firefox heads, using the webpage looks to not work in Firefox for adding a console to your account. Windows boot time. :puke:

Site Borked, dancing through Phone line, that pretends to not have Human operators. Swear a ton, then ask for agent. They entered my order, but the site is still cock-locking me to the register a console page. :frl: Ahh, I registered my console to my initial email Addy, that I changed my Live account from shortly after I made it.

On a good note, I fall into the 3 year of coverage for RROD, as I'm covered on that til the end of '10.

Busting out my DS to play Castlevania. :lol:

Edited by Pic0o
RMA in Process

That's really odd timing. I hope that doesn't give my xboxen a shadowy forecast. :-/

I got mine from Ebay, so I'm probably fucked for any warranty type action. :-/

I guess you bought Fallout3?

Yup on Fallout 3, Kat picked us both up copies the other day. Apparently this was to pad me for her Guitar Purchase. :P

In all fairness, her b-day was light on cool new toys due to a lack of loot, so It's all God. ;)

Yay to the free month, hopefully I get it back to savor some of the free time, unless they throw a card in with the return order. That would actually work out for my lacking funds. :frl:

As for the no Warranty, there are a ton of semi-easy repair guides (that don't charge you for them, WTF). If I wasn't covered, I would have ripped my shit apart and went for those clips, as they sound like they came loose and are the cause of my RROD.

Sending my RROD Box out shortly, I'm just using my Retail Box, since we got it @ Circuit City, I hardly have a need or possibility of a store return :P . Gotta find the closest UPS place. I was happy to see the shipping label is Pre-paid, that takes the sting out too.

I just shipped my Dead Console out, and while the shipping was paid, the original 360 box is not good enough, so $14.00 fee to have them pack it in an accepted, bigger one. Still better than the alternatives for me.

Edited by Pic0o
Shipped

My brick is out for delivery to MS today. Thus should start my wait for the repaired puppy to ship.

I do hope putting my Hard Drive on Kat's console didn't gimp shit, as I did notice I had to Reinstall Fallout 3 to the Hard Drive. I'll imagine the License update tool will fix the repair console up when the time comes.

My Web status does not currently display a valid link for my RMA, but I'm not the only one who saw this. I hope to get the revised hardware to keep it running. Also of note, I have seen some stutters while playing Fallout 3 on Kat's console that I didn't remember seeing on mine. I do think she is on the more recent hardware, despite my testing when I had the Bully release game lockup Issues.

Bless that nice info I bolded in that post. :viking:

My (RMA'd) FDOU 203w Oct '07. Kat also has a (playing on now) FDOU 175w Jan '08 Model

My RRoD'd console is a 16,5A Zephyr, per the 16,5A info I confirmed from here Same read for Kat's Console with the 16,5A. Of note, her's did come with the different power brick, that was incompatible with my console, as mine works with hers.

For identification, you can tell your revision by the power adapter on the console.

Edited by Pic0o
Kat Console Checked

That could be 'fun'. Hopefully I'm not another person swimming in a sea of continuous RROD's. Gonna verify Kat's build tonight since the anandtech guide has the nicest way to confirm I have seen, via the 12V rating gauge on the back of the console.

I'll just keep playing games similar to my Star Ocean bender, to get the most out of that 3 year. :frl:

Oh yeah, I am Silver account til the RMA hits home.

Another Random Observation: I believe the 50% failure rate, as I know many people with the system, and at least half of the people I spoke with, IRL alone have had 1 or more RROD issues.

According to my email, my console got to the RMA shop yesterday, and per the support site, it has already been repaired and has been shipped out.

My Warranty has also been renewed til July, I imagine that is to cover the Refurb from problems. The site shows the same SN and lists the type as 'Warranty Type: Repair '. I'll find out once the box hits home. For now, it's wakeup time.

I got my email with the confirm repair and tracking number for the fixed one. Should be back home for the L4D Versus patch :)

Now I fight Rainy day allergy attack. crdy.gif

Edited by Pic0o

Your odds beat mine. :lol: I was just going off person to an issue, without including recurrence. I raised the feet on Kat's console and will prolly use small furniture feet as risers when mine gets back.

Another thing is, the failure rate is partly towards users....let me explain, in the original supervoltage needing 360's, retards bought the intercooler to make it colder, when in fact it was found to vastly fluctuate the voltage and block the 360's designed ventilation, so while it blew colder air out than the 360, probably did more harm then good. Then when some failed that game chain stores MORE reason to push those crap coolers and started a terrible cycle.

*Please note that I still believe the 360 to die alot on its own (as mentioned I am on #4 and its well ventilated and all that jazz) but I also think the number is way out of proportion b/c of misuse and such.

I hear ya on the intercooler things. It'd be one thing if they were USB powered fans, and not that awful power brick hijacker they rolled out. I agree that thing prolly aided in some fucked 360's.

I got my RMA today, and 10-4 on the same console and serial #. No Licence transfer needed that I see, as I redownloaded almost all DLC and such so far. I did get a month of Live with my RMA so yay to that adding with my 3 from getting the 60GB Combo.

Console has been downloading shit for hours, not much heat out the rear atm. I also got bigger feet while @ the store today too. :P

I played quite a bit on my RMA console this weekend, when not hacking up carpet in the basement. I did notice the same Fallout 3 texture glitches I saw on Kat's console as the same on mine too, so that's more good than bad. :P

I also just saw the new-school RROD - E74 is also covered by Ms for a free RMA. Well, if I do get another issue w/ the RMA, I will not DIY fix it, as I figure I will fall into some free 'OMFG engineering FAIL' clause. :lol:

Love the console and games, I just want it to remain as strong as my OG Xbox, that lives in the bedroom as a DVD Player. :viking:

• 1 year later...

So much for Kat's console being of the non-RROD era. Fuckin thing was doing some lockups today, and after getting a Kinect addition, fucked decided it wanted to lock up, then dole out some 3 lights of fail.

MFR Date: 2008-01-09

16.5A Console

I guess the 'good' part, is this console RRoD'd about 1.5 months before it ran out of the 3 year coverage for that issue. 2nd Console to be RMA'd.

Glad we got a Slim, as that's what is hooked to the TV now. I'll be blowing some time submitting a RROD RMA. :puke: