No More Heroes

Pic0o

One game that did make my Must score radar was No More Heroes. I made this happen the other day while grabbing a Wiimote charging stand. I picked up a used copy for $18 bucks, as I was feeling too cheap to spend $30 on the Red Steel / NMH Combo pack (didn't like and could not get into Red Steel).

I got a little play time last night as I rocked out the 1st Zone and Boss. The control works pretty well and the on-screen indicator showing if you are holding the remote in High or Low stance is simple, but highly beneficial. Speaking of High and Low, your attacks will adjust based on how you hold the remote. For using your beam katana, you actually hit 'A' to swing, thus avoiding insane movement repetition that I find gets old fairly quick.

Recharging your Beam Katana is where some Wiggle comes into play. When your battery is low, you press 2 and wiggle your remote left and right to juice it back up. Lewd animations will accompany this recharge.

Story wise, action kicks in pretty quick and you are caught up on what brought you into your new found fold. It's easy to get into the gameplay. I'll be slashing away at this as time forbids. :smurfy:

Found the old Pre-release thread.

Edit on 2010-01-13:

I put a few more hours in and got some good progress. I am very diggin on this game, and look forward to seeing the 2nd game too. Very fun 18+ Wii game, with blood and a bit of vulgarities in the mix.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 3 weeks later...

I GG'd this up just under 16 Hours. The story was pretty lolrad.

Happily, for loot collection, the Assassin jobs throw decent bank. Loot is used for entering matches and various upgrades you will find around.

When traveling, your bike will be your core transit method. The town layout is pretty solid and when rolling Turbos on your bike, get familiar with the straight away roads. ;)

Awesome game with some classic sandbox design, charater development and varied Boss Fights. The story being direct and clever is another big plus. I'm keen on the 2nd game now :cookie:

I got a gift card for GS, so NMH2 will be mine. lo.gif

Might wait a little on this, as our Buffalo Xmas went really good. ;) Post to follow once we get back from store.

Edited by Pic0o
Or not just yet