Both Xbox consoles die within 2 months (Red Ring)

J0k3r

Well I finally got bit.... I never had an issue with any of my xbox's and then BAM the first one dies. I took my hd out and used Lisa's and sure enough a couple of months go past and BAM 2nd one dead... BOOOO!

So yea RMA fun is going down

Fuck man, that sucks. *knock on wood* Only 1 of ours RMA'd as Kat's was the newer revision. I'd like to hope by now, your RMA that comes will run like a rock and less like a brick.

Good luck on a swift RMA man. :ninjawub:

Sorry to hear about that Joker. How many red lights do you have? Microsoft told me, when I called them, that if I had 3 red lights then my 360 would be covered by a 3 year extended warranty. If you have 2 red lights then that will cost ya unless your original 1 year warranty is still in effect.

My 360 would give me the 2 red lights almost as soon as I turned it on. After I talked to Microsoft I took the 360 apart and cleaned the heat sinks with small bursts of compressed air. I also cleaned all vents and the fan system. After I put it all back together and turned it on I could play it for about 30 minutes before the 2 red lights would show back up.

I told Microsoft on the phone that I was going to sell all the games and extra stuff I have for the 360, throw the console away, and go buy a PS3. Which I will have in about a month. Screw Microsoft ... 90% of their OS's suck ass so why wouldn't the Xbox 360?

I'd tell them it's 3 lights either way. I don't think they actually check the shit, they just send you a refurb. I already started buying new games for PS3, as they have obviously put some time in the actual console's functional design.

You can bet your ass, if forums and stuff didn't highlight the huge RROD issues, that MS would charge every person for their RMAs. Almost any company anymore would follow suit, but most other business models don't let and issue continue until it generates huge financial losses, then half-ass address the issue.

True, as when I had my Live ID matched to a different email addy, they were like DID YOU TRY THE WEB FORM!?!? I let them know I did and mentioned my issue, then used the other addy to get rolling. 100% Web form over phone calls.

Yea, I checked out the web form ... thanks for the link anyhow ... I knew before I even bought that damned thing that it was gonna die with some sort of red light problem. I bought it because I wanted to play COD WaW Zombies and couldn't wait till I could afford the PS3. I just didn't expect the 360 to die out that fast. Hell it was almost exactly 1 month after the 1 year warranty ran out that it died. I was hoping that if I did get any red lights at all that it would be 3 of them.

All in all I got the satisfaction of telling Microsoft that their shit sucks.