3D Dot Game Heroes

Pic0o

As the site logo bears the graphics contained within 3D Dot Game Heroes, I should be embarking on this 3D homage to Zelda this week.

Current Play:

I am loving this game. I just put some Custom Web DL avatars on my 3ddgh and I am attaching my modified Gulp to this Post. :ninjawub:

To Install:

Copy the extracted folder to your PS3\SAVEDATA on a memory stick and copy to your PS3. No need to rename, as the game will detect it, when copied to the Hard Drive.

Pre-release postings

As highlighted in the wiki article, don't expect this to be a new experience, as most of the game is modeled after the original Legend of Zelda. The Avatar creation of your character and fancy 3D realm of remake should be enough to keep me feeling the :wub:.

I should be picking this up tomorrow or Wed. This will be a nice drop to the collection, as I welcome some Zelda-like fun. If you want to get started making a character, peep the flash builder. :zyo:

I think I'm going to make a 3D Drinky Crow. :smurfy: Picking this up in a little bit and playing it into the night.

Files:

BLJM60180TA8E3EE0095A7279385B0.rar

Gulp.jpg

Gilgamesh Beach.jpg

Lake Garland.jpg

Edited by Pic0o
Blaze Gulp with Updated Pics

Picking this up in a bit. I see there is a Hall Of Heroes site, where you can download and upload your character submissions. :knight:

If you'd like some inspiration, check these game sprites. Here is also cool.

I attached my startings on Drinky Crow. Colors are all wild, so I can better see the depth of my work. Will flat to black when done.

I am @ the pad making my Toon. 6 Total Stances you make.

• Stand
  • Walk1
  • Walk2
  • Hurray
  • Attack1
  • Attack2

This will take a bit, but the end result will be worth it. lo.gif

480x480.png

animated.gif

480x480.png

animated.gif

wallpaper.png

Edited by Pic0o
Makin Game Char

That looks cool.

So the developers built a flash based character maker to go along with the game and it can be used through the web... that's nifty beans.

animated.gif

The PS3 Editor is far easier to handle. Analog sticks are your dimensional movement. Block placement is also far handier than the clicks needs on the web demo builder.

I just submitted my Gulp entry from the PS3 save. Moving around with him is pretty damn cool. w0oo0t.gif

ICON0.PNG

Aye. It's pretty sick. :) Did 2 Temples and just scored my 2nd Orb. :yar:

I'm loving the fun of exploring the 3D realm. Fun stuff to find around. ;)

Edited by Pic0o
Orb Get!

I wanted to mention I saw 1 game lockup when fighting the 3rd Temple Boss. I rebooted and went back in for his neck. FYI, I did the Install option, as I like less load times.

Currently on the 5th Temple and loving it. I want to grab the Cthulu dood from the Atlus page so I can play in extra, ancient style. :bunny:

/extra:

If you want to get some cool loading art, go into your options and enable Loading screens. Lots of cool images, with a gallery to view all of them that have loaded, thus far. :yar:

Edited by Pic0o

A tiny bit, but it feels almost completely fresh of an experience, with the whole 3D world going on.

Soo much unneeded work travel this week. Damn people who don't prepare for shit, and leave me holding the bag.

Back to the game, I found some handy info that's in the spoiler below.

On the Eastern side of the world is Ortega Village. If you follow the coast south of the Village (enter from the West Coast), you should find a vendor. He sells various things, but the 1000G Sword and 2000G Damage reduction Ring are his exclusives. I need to farm up for that ring, so the 5th temple is kinder to me. :bunny:

Adding my Char DL and Editor Pic to OP. Also added some more pics on this post. :viking:

Fixed the Icon for RAR attach, since :kat: is da awesome! :cuddles:

Cave.jpg

Klovis.jpg

Klovis_1.jpg

Klovis_2.jpg

Nuntra Desert.jpg

Edited by Pic0o
More Pics on OP
  • 2 months later...

Finished the Flame Temple this weekend, and I also upgraded from Fire, to the Lightning Shield.

Super Key and Wind Temple are next up. I have to either grab the Super Key via Sign quests, or buy 2 of the 3 color keys for 1000g each.

Likely to play this week, since I'm 2 Zones to GG here. :bunny: Of random note, I flashed to FW 3.41 on my PS3 this weekend. I saw 2 or 3 system freeze ups on the loading screens. I don't remember having this problem before. I'll add to the count if I see more tonight. I saw about 4-5 more lockups since original date of this post to GG edit. Most commonly, if I loaded a saved game after dying, I'd get a lock up, a la black screen.

One more lockup on 8/3, thus far. I played a good bit last night and got some upgrades and did some side quests. Wind Temple ready now, just gotta start it up some night soon.

Edit GG:

Wrapped this up last night. Last dungeon was pretty intense, but happily not too long. I got everything side-quest wise, excluding the FROM cave stuff. Considering you need to start that before beating any temples, that will be for a potential 2nd playthrough. I got 48 hours on my initial playthru.

There were a few points where I was like 'FTS', but overall it was a good time playing this Zelda spoof. If your PS3 is hungry for some adventuring of the Zelda-type, scoop this game up!

Edited by Pic0o
GG. Added playtime