Fallout New Vegas

Pic0o

Start of Honest Hearts

(PS3, as I have been for NV play)

Honest Hearts is another story in terms of stability. Getting many severe slowdown fighting or running around zone. I also saw much mention of water glitching shit hard. This was on the FAQs for game issues. :frl:

I'd say I have 2 hours, at most. Seen 2 issues so far. Edit to mention I now have around 5 hours of play I'd say on the Honest Hearts area.

Slowdown is pretty much main issue when playing, except one time where a companion fell off a medium cliff and got stuck in the ground. I was able to backtrack around that ledge and got him back out of the ground. I'm not the only PS3 player having the lag issues.

The zone is absolutely awesome looking. It's a shame it runs so hit or miss, because it takes a lot away from the interestingly laid out area. You will be climbing and looking around as you ascend and descend the zone.

I hit 36 last night and have an Electric weapons and Guns combo going down. :)

Edited by Pic0o
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GG on Honest Hearts. Had maybe 2 straight locks, otherwise just frequent ultra lag when enemies were near. Despite this, the area was a pretty sweet valley to run through when it was running smoothly.

Myth be another patch will come before 3rd Expansion drops. I hope it's some hyper tweaks, or console access for PS3. :P :gift:

If you were on the fence, I'd wait until next patch to fully enjoy your travels. :viking:

The 3rd expansion Old World Blues is due out on July 19th. I'll see how quick I am to jump in after the last lagfest that was Honest Hearts.

I did load the game up over the weekend, to grab the latest patch. Off the top of my head, I think it was in the light 300MB range.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 4 weeks later...

As I have in the above edit, the pre Old World Blues patch also gave us a Companion Dismissal Terminal. You can find this in the Lucky 38, by the elevator as I just did. I've had the game on for about an hour tonight, as I scored the 3rd DLC for Fallout NV:

@Start of Old World Blues

As with all DLC for NV, your level cap increases by 5 with each expansion. Currently on a 45 Cap, while I am almost 40 now.

I'm just making a few drops @ storage before hitting up some theater action. :) Will note fun and also note if turns into a crash test fest. Pre-patch with major fixes was a welcome gesture, especially since I had the loot aside for when this was ready. :smurfy:

A few chops of less than a second while running around before entering Big MT. After I was in, had an ultra low laggy no movement. Had to eject disc, as it was locked up from much else. Loaded save and giving another run before :zzz:

After the initial lockup going onto the outside of the starting area for OWB, I loaded my save back up and played for a couple hours with no signs of slowdown or lockups. Granted, the start of the DLC will have you talking quite a bit, unless you don't want the skill checks and additional rewards that come from the conversations. I started at level 38 and am now close to 40.

I dig the dialog, especially since Sci Fi is all sorts of in my interests. Good amusement in the NPC chatter with this pack. I should be investigating some non-chat adventures tonight. :yar:

Edited by Pic0o
1 Lock on zone entry + Save

I played some more this weekend. Explored the surrounding areas quite a bit and I had a good time. My Lockup / Super lag counter is at 3 currently. The 2nd lockup was when I went on the Observatory Tower again, shortly after opening a Big MT box. The 3rd Lockup was around the S/SE portion of the map. I have noticed these lockups tend to happen where you have a large or nearly full view of the zone, when exiting back outside.

When this happens, I save my game, Exit Fallout then come back in, reloading the most recent save. Other than the somewhat avoidable lockups, this expansion plays far smoother than the last one did. Also loving the content. :munchies:

• 1 month later...

I have put in maybe 10-12 hours in the 3rd DLC so far and am nearly done with it. Maybe I'm having Fallout fatigue, but the layout of this pack to deliver almost all the dialog, before starting off in the new zones, made it feel distant as I continued on. I also think the quest line of essentially

running around to gather components to upgrade the Sink and other devices, has you collecting about 10 items from various locations. That being said, some of the locations and enemies were fun to take out.

Also adding to my annoyance, is how I completed the Infiltration tests in X-8, but then the quest item flagged back as active, and requires me to do both the easy and advanced infiltration test a 2nd time.

Playing this expansion, I was reminded of how nice it would be, if the Pip-Boy maps acknowledged layers / floors. If you are near an objective, but it's no where to be seen, you will want to find some stairs.

I have also seen a few slow down issues while playing, but as per usual, zoning or teleporting seems to fix them away. I'm likely to finish this pack tonight. I'll see how it clicks when I finish this up.

I was lucky to be at peak of the deep upgrade quests. In the below spoiler, is a handy means to keep the new Energy weapon all repaired for minimal cost. :bunny:

Once you have one of the few Sonic Emitter weapons, get free repairs by changing the Frequency (quest unlocks) on each one.

Wrapping it up now, and I am better at peace with the longer side-upgrade gets. Some of the fights were mad fun.