Red Faction

J0k3r

Hey All,

Well it seems Red Faction still has some sort of magical power over many of us. As an attempt to find old players who we used to hang out with I launched some RF servers. It has now change from a search and rescue mission to a RF replay. The damn game is addicting and has a few us really enjoying the game again. The irony is that while we are doing all of this RF shizzle, RF is coming up on it's 10 year anniversary.

So if your on the fence about playing this game again let's go over where it's at.

• It has a very small community of maybe 150 players total. Makes for nicer games and most people don't act like fools
  • Modding as we remember it is gone with the use of Pure Faction
  • In game map downloading (Pure Faction)
  • Pure Faction fixes game stability/loading issues with new hardware and OS's
  • We got some smooth servers rolling some old school customs, along with defaults, AND a couple rail only servers
  • We got a Team Speak 3 server hosted again.. Server: fr33ksh0w.sytes.net Port: Default

So with all of that said, you should definitely load up the game again and pop in. We are not using + tags since plus is retired, but out of love I do have the servers named +FtB+ for now. This is just a light gaming time for us, no clans, no retard drama, just good times while we laugh are asses off at each other on ventrilo.

PS> I only met 1 a$$ so far which is pretty funny. I played off and on during the weekend and only had to ban that one idiot! The funny part was, one of our servers was full!

Anyways, hope to see you all around

PS>PS> I need to give out rcon to peeps, so PM me and I will hook you up

J0k

Purefaction is nice! TrotSkie, Digital_Ruler and Nick, deserve most of the credit.

I just wish TrotSkie listened to Nick and I, a little bit more. We had spent hours and hours telling him to do something about the weapon balance. ALL of our suggestions regarding game balance, were overlooked. I am truly grateful for all the effort put into the project, though.

I like the post you made at FactionFiles, j0k3r--I agree with it completely.

A few commands you may not be familiar with:

"ti" ## This allows you to change between "direct input" and "classical input".

"ms 0.02" ## This allows you to set your sensitivity accurately in game.

"r_vli" ## This turns off the lights, it's especially useful in Checkmate; this command doesn't save when you close the game.

"r_maxfps 150" ## Sets maximum FPS to 150.

A few commands you may not be familiar with:

"ti" ## This allows you to change between "direct input" and "classical input".

"ms 0.02" ## This allows you to set your sensitivity accurately in game.

"r_vli" ## This turns off the lights, it's especially useful in Checkmate; this command doesn't save when you close the game.

"r_maxfps 150" ## Sets maximum FPS to 150.

Kick ass! Thanks for the infos :bunny: I need to clean my drive a bit, before slapping that beast back on. :o

Too much awesome here. :afro: Cleaning up my drive, as the inactive MMO installs were eating mad space up.

:icon_wacko: I finally came to realize removing MMO's was the trigger to wanna play them again. Lol. I found out the other day FFXI seems to still be on here. =x