Diablo III Thread

J0k3r

You sc0ring Diable III?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. You sc0ring Diable III?

• Yes
    • No
    • I got candy, so what does that mean?

I know for sure hubby is gonna give it a go so I will test it out via his copy and see if I deem it necessary to get my own. Sounds like one we would enjoy smashing face together with and would definitely like to see some guild action happen. Games are much more better wif franz. icon_tongue.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: so true. I'm in for Day 1 and hope to be blown away. I enjoyed the first portion of Chapter 1, so I should be in good shape. :)

Oh shit! I guess it's an Open Diablo 3 weekend?! Yup.

Beta client DL:

https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml

Went active at Noon and rolling until Monday. I'll jump on later, mostly to see if I can max settings. :D

Edited by Pic0o
  • 2 weeks later...

One more week. Dropped Fn0rd a line but he's unsure of getting since he's been working some insane shifts. Gonna work J0k3r next and rally up who will be in from the Apt1 chapter.

Can't blame you for that. I roamed around the misc areas and did some extra kills when I played the beta, so I should be safe with the game doing me some justice. I am worried a bit about all the EA-like additions like a RMT Auction House and such.

Mostly hope to avoid that drama since I'll be playing in Private servers and / or local play. I'd also like to see the client get hacked for local play support, but I don't know if that's even happened for SC2 yet.

For me it was just that all the customization was gone. Every character in my class at my level can easily change to the same build *yawn*

Right now I am rocking Kingdoms of Amular; highly recommend!

Midnight release for me. Totally doing a pre-install and scheduling :zzz: before 3am, when the servers go live. I figure I'd play til ~ 6am, go to work, wash rinse repeat, until Thur + Fri vacation. :D

Network Download for D3:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912

7.6GB or so download, 15.1GB for the install.

Edited by Pic0o

I just played a little while Husband was sleeping. Made a witch doctor named Sheanne and got her to level 5 before he was up and wanting to play. Also had a doc appointment this morning.

So far it seems like a fun game but not enough of one to tear me away from SWTOR. And if it's not enough to do that, then I won't buy my own copy. Of course, I wasn't impressed with TOR at first and now I'm like crackhead addicted to it so that's always subject to change.

My fav part is filling out the maps... but that's my fav part in every game with that option. XP

I'll probably try wizard later on, not much interest in any of the other classes atm. Husband is startin with demon hunter.

Word up and GL. I also got 3 Guest Passes so I could hook you up, but I'm not sure if there is any co-op limitations or the like. From what I did read, it looks like the Guest Pass is pretty much = Beta progression in Act 1.

Maps are fun to fill for sure. I was doing some mad misc cavern exploration on my beta play. Still thinking I'm gonna start with a Barbarian. Classic Diablo 1 experience. :P

FWP: Get home from work to see servers are offline until 3:15 PST. Up @ 6:30 EST

TeamSpeak 3 server: fr33ksh0w.sytes.net Port: Default (Use direct IP if cannot connect)

TeamSpeak Server Info thread

Prior Main't thread

Time to make some eats I guess. :? Already not much for the online only backend of the game.

FYI: Game CD is just a web downloader. Copying the 7.60GB install to Kat's rig now. Servers should be back up in a few.

Starter Edition Guest Passes will not let you play with game owners. Basically a Beta trial. More info about Starter Edition @ Blizzard.

Near midnight I was about to finish Demo content on my Barb but got DC'ed. More Server maintenance with no time bound yet.

Error 3003 - Servers may be temporary offline

Last few hours have been 250 to 370+ pings. Most def more yellow than green ping.

Edited by Pic0o
TS Channel up

Editing J0k3r's OP with handy info I remembered by time I was almost done with the Beta part of the main game.

Handy keys:

Tab: Show all items on ground

Alt + Left Click: Swing weapon manually, even without nearby enemies. (same goes for Right-Click + Alt)

Tab: Map

More info for the Trial players. Since the demo is easier than Normal difficulty (my observation), it does look like you will be asked to play the initial area again, but you'll be able to use your previous character. This is from reading around, so I cannot personally confirm this.

Kat went to login this morning but had no character. We checked the Game settings for Connections, and her server was back to Europe.

Changing it back to The Americas, she then had her Wizard back.

Diablo III 2012-05-17 11-12-20-08.png