FunTimeBliss ::
Sign in to follow this  
Philip

New monitor

Hey,

I recently bought some new gadgets, an a4 wide wacom tablet and a new IPS monitor. Unfortunately the monitor I received was faulty; I was told that the monitor fail rate was 2%, it's funny how I'm always in that 2%--grrr. Not all is doom and gloom though, the monitor had some dust behind the panel but it worked fine other than that. The colours were fantastic.

The monitor I bought was the asus proart 24", but I found some other interesting monitors. They're of no use to me due to the aspect ratio, but if you're looking for a bargain check out the korean imports.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SE-27-LED-2560X1440-Computer-Monitor-Tempered-glass-/110836482125

http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270

A word of warning though, some of these are faulty and getting them replaced might be a timely process. They use the same panel as the apple 27 inch screen. It is basically a gamble and it'd be unfair not to mention it but they do honestly look quite good value for money. It's at least worth considering if you're looking for a new monitor.

Good luck on the roll for a goodie out of that import mix. :bunny:

Still getting mad :wub: from the NEC 24" LCD I grabbed '09, near GTA IV release. Kat runs the 46" Bravia TV floor model we got and all I had to do was update the FW once we got it home! w0oo0t.gif

Auto-dim firmware bug was super obvious in Nature HD videos. Underwater on Planet Earth watching was like aww hell nah, before FW flash. 1900x1200 my max resolution on single display, likely for a bit, if 700~1000 $USD RRP / base price. :sad:

On the random upside of hardware, I finally have a dedicated sound card, since AGP era. :P Runninng PS3 Optical in for my Audio. Going well, but with front sound header hooked up, my channels would get inverted after a few hours of play. Software toggle from headphone back to speaker fixed.

Trying no front part to see if that was culprit.

Edited by Pic0o

Thanks. I run a dedicated sound card too, thumbs up for optical :D. Everyone seems to like HDMI these days, but optical can be used over long distances and it's not that expensive any more either. I've no idea what the problem could be. I had some issues of my own with mine, a buzzing noise. I found that if I painted the back of the card so it didn't touch the case, the noise was removed or virtually removed.

You could perhaps disable enhancements in the driver options? But I'm just stabbing in the dark really, I have no idea.

Gonna try to return it today. Just over a week, so we'll see if I need to make it an OEM call.

I did roll any mixers and eq off but it still wants to be shitty. It's a damn shame, as the audio sounds far better than speakers directly to console outs, when channels in right position.

Sign in to follow this