FunTimeBliss ::
Sign in to follow this  
Pic0o

Drones for Police

Add extra :lol: points to the fact I watched Terminator 1 last night, and we are waling into some Cyberdine turf for sure.

Get ready to be droned, US citizens.

It'd be one thing if current technology were deployed in a largely functional and tested state. So keeping the real state of hardware and software development in the current day, you should really be concerned.

Bumping this as my Drone thread. I want to share Dronestream. An API for listing most of the known drone strikes and chart mapping them. Currently at 481 drone attacks used by the US against other nations and that's likely not all of them.

http://dronestre.am/

Last strike being logged on June 1st 2013. Let's see if those attacks finally drop off in the near future.

495 attacks on the international Drone front, with August in Yemen being quite the place to murder people with machines.

Just in case you had any misconceptions the strikes stopped.

http://api.dronestre.am/search

400-600 at least estimated civilian deaths by the hands of drones. Per this article those are the minimum tally of innocents killed by these machines.

Meanwhile, the newly appointed NSA type role filled is another fan for drone use on it's own citizens. Add the two paragraphs together and let that sit in your head.

505 Strikes and counting. Still waiting for that rumored end to these attacks on other nations. Previous post covers the observation on how many civilians are suspected to have been casualties. Recent 5 Strikes all in Pakistan, short of 1 in Somalia.

If someone was sending robots in to kill 'terrorists', while also killing civilians, who may be my friends or family, I'd have reservations about that nation too. Setting an awful precedent for global relations. I'm sorry, but just like all the old gun programs of the past, that armed foreign nations and various violent groups, the drones are eventually going to be the same case. That is terrifying.

I'd like to see that not happen. So cut back on murdering people, especially civilians. If some major nations didn't sell weapons to these 'groups' in the first place, maybe there would be no need for the drone strikes, at all. Granted, that would be less of a profit margin to be had.

Sign in to follow this