Antec Nine Hundred Two V3

Pic0o

As someone who had a 7 year old case prior, the Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 is pretty much amazing. Better yet, it appears I got it for a good deal @ $99 locally brand new on a clearance deal.

My old case is an Antec P180 that has served me pretty well. It's likely to become a server case at this point. While the new case is a little smaller in external dimensions, the features and accessibility of the 902v3 are overall way more accessible and easier to work with. I am the biggest fan of:

• Open backplate behind motherboard CPU mount.
  • 3.5" bays removable from front of case, via thumb screws.
  • Plenty of included fans and great airflow design.
  • Front buttons and USB + Sound connections on top front of tower.
  • Plenty of device mounting options.
  • Blue LED fans with integrated rheostats for included fans.
  • Side panel with window and 120mm fan mount.
  • USB 3.0 front headers

In the event you have been rocking an old case, I'd recommend checking out the newer options. I built a new rig for one of my friends and this enlightened me to check out an upgrade on my case.

Man the FT02 is my waifu forever. I'm not ditching mine for a long, long time.

I fell out of love with Antec aesthetics years ago but they've been consistently delivering budget performance over the years. I had the first model of the 900 and it was a really sweet box back then. It's nice to see that Antec has kept the model going for 6+ years now. The original 300 Sonata was actually my favorite Antec case; if you hit it with some paint and carved extra room in for a fat VGA it was pretty slick. And it was like $60. It did have those hilariously sharp edges on the inside which wasn't exactly great. Fairly sure the bastard claimed at least a few lives.

The new 300 Sonata just doesn't feel the same. Damned nostalgia.

Edited by nick

Your case is some pro tier business. Also a bit outside my standard case price range. Still, that guy is like the Cpt. Kush of Cases.

I have some more action to work with this new guy, as I have 3 passthru holes on the backside mobo plate. I want to re-run my power cables since I just threw my gear in there to get working at my buddies place on vacation.

Technology is getting closer to the real case + setup I want to build. A Brown Box Bebop Console. I have the wireless keyboard and mouse, close on the monitor.

I have to note I was hyper team 60 Ducket cases. Wanted max funds to equips to boot. I can now do a nice H20 rebuild from a spare rig. Yay Copper on old server :ninjawub:

Edited by Pic0o