Sign in to follow this  
Pic0o

Windows Server 2012

I avoided Windows 2012 due to the same crap moves as Windows 8, but I'll be damned as there are some 2012 servers in house now.

Seriously. Using a server without a start menu and needing to do the top right corner thing for tiles, is a complete pain in the (counter-intuitive) ass. On top of the basic failures there, Exchange 2013 is pretty much a hot piece of shit.

Exchange 2013 is like 'Admin interface? Oh you mean login to a webpage for a sudo-office 365 experience'. Needless to say, I'm not a fan. I support change when it makes sense, but when you are making shit harder to navigate for the sake of a new release, fuck you.

That's my love letter to Microsoft on the 2012 - 2013 releases. Stop smoking meth and making shittier programs. It's not cool.

Haven't had the chance to bother with it much myself. And I've never liked Exchange, so I doubt I'll like anymore in its 2013 flavor.

The only thing I can suggest is get into Powershell since I'm pretty sure Exchange can be managed through that. The syntax is verbose to the point of ugliness, but it's rather flexible and won't take long to pick up. The downloadable documentation (man pages equivalent) in previous versions of Powershell was surprisingly acceptable; I'd hope they continue that trend.

• Thanks 1

Exchange sucks but powershell is nice. I've done a few things with it, but honestly I leave the exchange garbage to the contractors. If it were even remotely setup right, I'd consider ownership, but as it's not even close, those folks can have that pain.

I know I sound like a luddite, but removing admin tools from server installs is a really pathetic move. Powershell is still there, but I don't add new users enough to have scripted that out. GUI copy similar user and paste, please.

Sign in to follow this