A Realm Reborn - Final Fantasy XIV 2.x Reboot

Info about A Realm Reborn has been released. 2013-08-13 is the release date scheduled. Info @ the Lodestone

Here is some info for previous 1.0 buyers.

Players Who Own FFXIV Version 1.0
Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.
* Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date.

Furthermore, users who have version 1.0 registration codes that have not yet been registered will be able to register them and play FFXIV: ARR on PC at the start of the service.

Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition
Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.

Players Who Have Fulfilled the Requirements of the Legacy Campaign
Players who have fulfilled the requirements of the Legacy Campaign will be able to take part in early access and play before the official start of service.

Important Information for Customers Purchasing the PlayStation 3 Version
You will only be able to register one copy of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PlayStation 3 to a Sony Entertainment Network account. It is not possible to register or play two or more copies of the PS3 version on the same account even if you purchase additional software. Please note that only one Sony Entertainment Network account can be linked to a Square Enix Account.

Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3
Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service
The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.
* Characters that have already been created will be able to receive the items.

I barely missed out on the Legacy program, but I'm over it. Hoping this shapes out well as the Beta seems to be going well. I'm pretty interested but need more time to see if it will click with me.

CE contents photo attached too. If you wish to pre-order, your link it below (digital river warning)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

FFXIVARR-ce.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NDA has been lifted short of video and audio uploads, so I'll probably have some screenshots uploaded this weekend. Beta 3 weekend starts shortly today and runs all weekend.

PC and PS3 are the current platforms being tested in this phase. I will main on PC, but also play on PS3. I have a pre-order down for the PS3 regular edition as well.

I grabbed a dirty list of the current server names. I'm guessing these will also be the release time server names.

Atomos
Bahamut
Chocobo
Mandragora
Tiamat
Tonberry
Garuda
Ifrit
Ramuh
Titan
Adamantoise
Behemoth
Cactuar
Cerberus
Coeurl
Goblin
Malboro
Moogle
Ultros
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Leviathan
Midgardsormr
Odin
Shiva

I will also probably jump onto TeamSpeak Fr33ksh0w server and be chilling on there.

I just split these posts from the original XIV thread started in 2010. I wanted to have XIV info be relevant for the soon to be released, and current beta phase.

Edited by Pic0o
Thread split

Beta back up around 4am EST. I want to play a bit before work, but don't know if immediate logins will be working too great. Looking forward to Pugilisting my face off this weekend. Legacy Characters should also be accessible.

You can search for characters on the updated Lodestone site as well.

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/

Beta up again since this morning. Jumping back on, as I verified my OG 1.0 Character earlier today. Level 12 or so Pugilist and some other light jobs. Still had 2k Gil and my XI Hermies Mitts or w/e Boots, that promo item is called. :)

I got my new character up to 12 this morning, then went to bed a little before 5am. Legacy stuff looked good, but I didn't level that character, as this phase was item checks, more a less.

Hermes Shoes are the item from the XI crossover promo awhile back. Hoping those will be on all characters as release nears, since only my legacy had them this round. Looking forward to see how bad the DirectX 11 engine works my rig, once it releases.

PS4 to also get the DX11 fancy version in 2014.

Screenshot disclaimer (beta):

Copyright © 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

CP-XIVLvl12.png

Beta Weekend again. Started around 4am EST and active until about 5am EST Sunday 6/30. I'll be able to jump on tonight.

Test went well. I chilled and got my airship access by storyline, and earned a pair of Subligar. Level 15 by time I logged. Being moderate on playtime, as I'll be doing it again for Phase 4, when character data saves for retail release. :)

Edited by Pic0o
  • 2 weeks later...

It's another Beta coming up for Final Fantasy XIV. The next run of times are:

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule: Jul. 10th 2:00 a.m. to Jul. 15th 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jul. 10th 9:00 to Jul. 15th 9:00 (GMT)

4am for those EST heads.

Longer period this round, yay! I still need to watch the http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/70385]video about Duty Finder[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Phase 3 has ended and word is Pahse 4 will be in early August. Also of note are the Snow and Lightning costumes that will be available in XIV. Image attached.

I avoided the last wave of Beta to avoid burn out and because I am playing Final Fantasy VII. My level 13 Pugilist should be fun to resume. Still deciding if I want to continue on Pig Out or just make a new character. My OG has the Flee boots from the XI crossover promo, so I may just roll that.

lightning_14_2_l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A new live letter from the dev team will go up sometime before tomorrow. Rumor suspects beta phase 4 might kick off this weekend? Nope, 8/16 (or 17th if not a current beta tester) for Phase 4. Pre-order early access will be on 8/24 until 8/27 retail launch.

In the mean time, here's a ARR Status tracker site for the servers and estimated beta window. Today's info can be found on reddit.

Edited by Pic0o

Scored a Ps3 code by email. I should download the client tonight, since Beta starts again tomorrow. I have some stuff to do on Saturday, but besides that, may be on some XIV Beta 4 until early Monday morning. :)

Still going to PC main play, but I like the option of console and will give it a go. PC main install is 7.3GB btw. Loading to check for patches before I get home from work.

Played for a bit last night, but I don't really feel all that interested. I don't think I'm going to pick this up. At least the launch will be free for me, having bought 1.0. I think I'm finished with the MMO genre.

I retort my lack of interest, having learned at least 2 of my friends are also playing. Need Malboro server to allow new characters so I can play with those heads.

Since my legacy character is only 13, rerolling is not an issue. Glad I didn't jump into my legacy player this weekend. :)

There was also a huge login issue for folks where it would kick them, then on login, say their session was still active, yet never drop the connection. Apparently they fixed that at the end of the beta phase this morning. One of my crew has this exact issue. (3102 was the error)

This has been fixed at the end of Beta Phase 4. Woot to my IRL friend who can play again too!

Best wishes for a smooth back into the mix. I really want to make a character on my buddies server. It is quite pivotal to my long-term time with the game.

Pre-registration site is accepting pre-order codes, but is not currently processing them correctly. Early Access Starts on 2013-08-24.

Early Access users should process their pre-order codes in Internet Explorer. I was getting 'Error 3' in Firefox, but IE ran fine, gave the early access code and allowed me to properly register it as well.

Edited by Pic0o
Pre-order site fix

Character for release.

Release Forums are Live! I will miss the beta forums, but not all the awful threads and repeated feedback + crying.

Sign into the client to get the latest 1.0GB Patch. Weekend Hype lazy time for this man.

For Region registering issues, FFXIV Twitter with info and links for right region.

Use Internet Explorer for easiest registration and region routing. Yes I know, but it's your safest bet (for the process to work). :)

Early Access: August 24th at 2am PDT

AKA +3 for EST folks. Saturday Morning for Reals.

XIV_CPMonk.png

XIV_CP-Bench.png

Edited by Pic0o