Saints Row IV (4)

Pic0o

I watched a buddy playing Saints Row IV when it released, so I decided to grab it for the Xmas holiday. I waited to start it up for a play, as I was trying to get my SR3 character imported. I did not have my saves anymore, but it turns out you can download them from SaintsRow.com. However, you may not get your password reset, nor will your old password work.

To fix this issue, send an email to saintaccount@deepsilver.com stating your username and email address used on the account. As Saints Row 3 was not when Deep Silver had the IP (THQ prior), they can assist in helping you get access to your info. My request is pending.

If you have a crash loop starting a new game, you will want to diable your real-time anti-virus. Then do a Verify integrity of cache. In my case, it downloaded a 7.5 MB patch that then error 53 came up. This is when I disabled my Anti-virus and was able to play.

Random crashes and restarting Steam thread

I am waiting a until I get an email back, in hopes to use my character from SR3. She was hawt. :)

The Internet and I disagreed on this game...Most people thought it was fantastic I thought it was meh, mostly because the addition or super powers and the entire game being in the matrix made it far too easy. It felt more like an addon than a new game, but that's just me.

• 2 months later...

It was overall an easy game, but I did enjoy the story and quest structure. The use of side-content for pushing the optional character and unlock quests worked well for me. I am level 46? or so, got just under 20 hours of playtime and 78% clear on my credit roll & GG.

I was worried about the powers making it too easy. I only died a few times on various missions or failed side-quest activities. Starting out, I used nothing but the pistol until I maxed it out. By then I was deeper into the level 20 range, give or take.

I really did enjoy the satire dialog and missions, but completely see where it could be too easy a game. Matrix land was pretty fun to run around in, and I really liked how not needed cars are. I'd have to say this was an overall more fun story play than GTA V. The weapons are pretty cool too, they were fun to putz with. I also had to respect the different play-types of game for some missions and how they played. They felt well crafted. :)