Panasonic TC-39A400U

Hola. I have been thinking about a new display and by the power of a $250 sale and my paycheck, I picked up a 39" Panasonic TC-39A400U LED TV. This is my current main monitor :)

At first hookup, my 1080P resolution was showing off the screens horizontal range, looking almost zoomed in. I started with a custom resolution, but that was not a valid fix for me, long term. Luckily in the menus (Picture | Advanced Picture | Aspect adjustments) I was able to set the screen format to FULL. This fixed that issue and 1920x1080 displayed properly.

Currently I am using this LED as my main display and it is very nice. I am going to fire up some games and movies into the later hours of the night, as to fully test this display out.

I have to say the thinness and 20~some lbs is also a great benefit of this television. Fonts and colors appear to be very crisp, and I say this having used the Sony 24" 3D LCD as my main monitor prior. Thank goodness for back to school sales and my friend who tipped me off on this deal.

Very command center desk. Wow. :D

This TV has No 3.5mm headphone output jack. Your only output option is optical audio.

Edited by Pic0o

I forgot to note this TV has none of the "smart apps" on it. It is a television with calibration options only. My PC and PS3 provide my multimedia needs. Speaking of PS3, this TV also supports the HDMI options to switch inputs and power up the TV when the PS3 is turned on.

There appears to be no firmware updates (FW v1.060 is on my TV) The closest thing to an issue I could have is the Smart Image (A.I. Picture) setting that adjusts brightness, but it does a decent job, and is indeed a setting. I will tinker more with it tonight before bed.

If you're still on an Nvidia card you probably want to make sure it's pushing full range RGB. Nvidia's drivers automatically set TVs to limited range over HDMI. It's fine if you're calibrating for TV/movies but games and desktop stuff can look pretty weird with the limited range. There's a tool to change it on this random's blog (source included).

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=83

Big Thanks :)

If you're still on an Nvidia card you probably want to make sure it's pushing full range RGB. Nvidia's drivers automatically set TVs to limited range over HDMI. It's fine if you're calibrating for TV/movies but games and desktop stuff can look pretty weird with the limited range. There's a tool to change it on this random's blog (source included).

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=83

• 7 years later...