Sign in to follow this  
Pic0o

Weather talk

The weather is fairly cold locally for the season, but an extra layer is not a bother. So more apt a conversation is security. Without a ton of hyperbole and a flood of links, usage and personal information is why you are seeing most everyone using 'free services'. Social relationships are spiking because the technology boom is completely breaking social comprehension of the world they live in.

Why is something being stored relating to what can be found? The sickness of it is how much marketing is everyday. If you do not seek out various opinions about, really any matter you seriously have concern about... is frankly, ignorant. Researching can be exhausting, but if you rely on bias you are facilitating that. Secure things and work with people. Share your reason for disagreeing. Stop imprisoning some of the smartest people for being observant. Allowing an individual to make a non-baited opinion about what is 'allowed'. Maybe stop fighting, especially over text words.

Thank you for reading. Keep thinking about your well being to help others instead of flip a power leverage trope.

What have I been doing with my life? Ansible and Vagrant are incredible deployment tools. I'm making some monitoring machines for the workplace.

Now I get to save myself, potentially years, hand making tools with great error correction and state checking. Other current events are, I own a Mac, in addition to my gaming PC that runs Windows 8.1 and a few Linux Distributions. Namely Ubuntu Studio for my main OS :)

You buy a legit Mac? Or build a hackintosh?

I recently got a nice sale on a lappy, and upon receiving, removed and shat on the shipped standard and bloat-infestd HDD and installed a new 1TB SSD for a fresh install. No optical drive at all, which gave room for a giant fucking discrete graphics card. (I've never really had a nice laptop vid card before, so seemed impressive to me) Nice AMD Radeon R9 M3xxx series card. And with Win 10 (and I think 8.1?) keys being stored on bios, a thumbdrive install was easy peazy for registering legit ownership.

Haven't pushed it yet in game department (play the shit outta some Stardew Valley, though), but very smooth performance of on-the-fly transcoding and streaming from my Mezzmo media server -> wifi enabled tv.

My other ~4.5yo laptop reached a fail state I was finished with after a bunch of various fixes over the years. Grabbed what I needed off the old drive via one of those usb external sata bay connectors, and away I went.

Sidenote: Anyone mess with pci-e ssd tech yet? That next step in the hawtness speeds? Feels like same kinda price points that scared me when ssd was around and super pricey in 2005 or w/e. heh.

I picked up a Mac Mini, because it looked like a hackintosh would be a PITA with my 980 GTX and some other parts of my desktop rig. I'm looking to upgrade my Ubuntu Studio 14.04 up to 16.04.

In the current version I'm running, there is a suspend bug that does not wake your X Server / Lightdm back up, so I have to service lightdm stop / start to get a desktop back. Luckily I can Ctrl+Shift+# to get a TTY session to do so.

Mac combines the *Nix base platform with a really workable UX. Windows UX is fine but the backend does not even remotely scale in performance respect to a unix / linux kernel. Most every (at least stock deployed) window manager in Linux-land, is kind of a hot mess, in clean usage of UX in X Server.

One of the most apparent examples of Ubuntu UX Fail, is trying to consistently connect to an external display, or adding multiple monitors and it saving your configuration. This makes it incredibly hard a sell to convert windows users, because performance and stability of the User Experience, is highly erratic and moderately complex to debug... especially for persons who are more intimidated to terminal commands and scripting. This is not the case for me, and debugging stuff like the hibernate issue, is still pretty cryptic, even with grep'd error logs and indicators of the fault. Not quite enough coordination between packages to ice out the stability of the UX.

Pardon the excessive use of UX, but it really matters :ninjawub:

Then of course on a mac, install brew and there you are running current, native linux utilities on your OS X install. Thinking about Hackintosh'ing an OS X install on my gaming rig as well. Same for the M.2 Solid state drive jobbies. Those prices have really become approachable and my motherboard does have a slot for them.

Edited by Pic0o

Sign in to follow this