Layout Frontpage

Pic0o

You may have noticed the front page of the site shows an RSS feed in Firefox but in other browsers, it's basically an XML dump.
I'll get something up fairly shortly.  I spent the weekend doing a new build of my desktop PC.  So far I can say, Hyperthreading is great for PhysX benchmarks.  I was rocking an Intel I5-4690k and I'm on an i7-7700k build now.  Considering I went from a Gen IV to a Gen VII Core CPU, I'll dig for some better indicators of gains.

As usual with my upgrade process, I try to find a good home for the previous gear.  In this case, my GF now has a mean desktop with 32 GB of RAM.  Considering she has programming skills that outclass what I liken mine to be script editing... I think she'll get some dope mileage out of the old build.  Consider me a professional benchmark runner, who occasionally plays games. :p
I do other stuff too but I like that description the most.

Speaking of other stuff, digging through MySQL DBs over a remote phpMyAdmin session, reminded me why I used to (and will again) setup a local webDev environment.  Between the DB upload limitations and semi-slow results returning a record set, I'll have a smoother time digging out the data sets I need locally, then re-importing them into the remote / live DB.

Invision Power Board 4.x holds similar structure to 3.x, but with more tables it looks.  For case of scope, the forum database is about 1GB.  Granted I can tell you that referrer logs are a huge majority of the size, from when I chopped the DB into 50 MB scrips so I could upload it to the prior, temporary host.  In case you were wondering haha.