Red Faction

tOucan

We should contact who ever's available and get a game in. Recently noted the PS4 version is out does it have multiplayer support?

Is HQN still a thing? No idea what link or homebase would be :)

I asked around for you a little bit.  It's hard to find people for matches, granted I think most folks are on Xbox One.  I really still would wish to see consoles, actually matchmake to same servers.  Missed huge benefit to gaming ease.  I waited to post so heads could see your personal inquiry.  :)

On 7/30/2017 at 9:44 AM, tOucan said:

We should contact who ever's available and get a game in. Recently noted the PS4 version is out does it have multiplayer support?

Is HQN still a thing? No idea what link or homebase would be :)

I stopped paying for HQN hosting in the past year or so to save a few bucks a month. It made it a very long time but ultimately no longer served a use to me.

I'd be interested if a date was planned. Without a set date, I doubt many will be able to commit.

I still own my rfhq domain since it's only 4 letters. Gonna see if I can pimp out a 4 letter .com domain name someday soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sad times :(

I grabbed the PS4 version no multi, and I don't remember the story being that short a play through either, I guess everything's harder when your 13.

I have an xbox but think only have Croc? added on it from way back when. Not sure what other older crews  gamertags are, most the gaming is done on PS4 since that's what the friends bought for each years CoD & FIFA... eagerly awaiting the one x later this year but hopefully become multiplat station of choice.

I'll find my disc copy and boot up PC version to see if it still has any active community what so ever and report back :)

Edit - Oh snap a big box copy of RF has finally appeared on ebay now to decide if I want to drop $50 on it for future gamer room show 

I still have RF CDs at home.  Pick a good time for you and since you brought it up, we'll try to meet up with you for play.

I have my Xbox GamerTag still but I'm on PC since I don't have either current gen consoles from MS or Sony.  I think J0k and squad are on Xbox One.  I'm still dreaming cross platform multiplayer will exist in our lifetimes, but with everyone dns sandboxing off their networks and multiplayer... it does not seem too likely.  Hehe word on the future gamer room show.  I joke with my GF about making a youtube channel and doing the annoying voice talkover shit.  Granted I would do lets play, without solo talking because I feel that kills the point of watching the game. lol

So, I should add some profile fields for Steam and stuff.

Man the boxes of physical games I have at the moment packed up is starting to get quite ridic, This game room for when ever it eventuates will be jammed. Even what I'm still allowed on display by the GF now is over flowing shelves I'll try get some pics shortly for a good laugh. Hopefully when I retire at I get a chance to play a quarter of them if my reaction times don't make it impossible by then lol.

Didn't even think of steam, since I never used it outside HL2. But sure enough RF is on it after some quick checking. Might just grab off there for the $10 bucks and give it a whirl tomorrow and see how it plays.

Hopefully if there's any servers active I'll try rocking the original tag and a bunch of the old clan tags and see if get any bites.

Some good infos - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eneokun/recommended/20530/

Also, times have changed in Australia finally from my woeful 28.8k I had to compete with you guys on. Now have constant solid 100Mbps connection and new place that will be ready in 2 months will be 1Gpbs. Won't be the same without that 500 ping.

Cool :)  Checking Time and Date, it's 14 hours difference from my current 10am August 23rd on the east coast, as it's about midnight, just before the 24th for you.  Making it a 14 hour difference.

I'm part of the problem as I picked up a 1080 Ti instead of another console.  What time do you find yourself playing games on the weekend, roughly?

• 4 months later...