FunTimeBliss ::
Sign in to follow this  
Pic0o

Culdcept Revolt

So Culdcept Saga was an awesome card game.  Think Magic the Gathering meets Monopoly.  We used to play this really heavily on Xbox 360 and Culdcept Revolt released on 3DS / 2DS on Oct 3rd.  I checked local gamestop stores but they seemed to have gotten a really small stock since no stores have it in the local immediate area.  So I grabbed it off Amazon.

I will add my codes and stuff if anyone else gets this and wants to play.  I saw this game was coming out over the last month or so and got pretty hyped about it.  In respect to series history, it seems to have started out on Dreamcast and first came to the states on Playstation 2.  The edition I became familar with was Culdcept Saga on Xbox 360.

If I had to guess, this will be a limited run game and become pretty rare here in the USA.  The Xbox 360 version came to fetch a good markup too over time, if I recall correctly. Edit: I went to a local center city gamestop and they told me 1 person pre-ordered it an picked it up.  So yes, very limited stock it seems, at least to gamestop stores.  I scooped a copy up from Amazon.

This game is quite good.  Especially if you played Culdcept Saga before.  Deck creation, battles, the map types you know and enjoy.  You get access to online content as you progress in the single player story.  The story content is not some mind blowing tale but it's a good RPG story of a crew trying to defeat the nasty evil rival.  I've beat about 7 of the single player levels and continue to play.  Work your strats to have level chains with your lands, while trying to match creatures to land types.  Your base deck will be limited so work with that, then buy more booster packs in the store with your story credits.

There is also some paid DLC.  1 story quest with 3 battles is $4 USD and everything else is cosmetic content like dice skins, book covers and character outfits.  You can get the cosmetic content for around $30 USD extra but I only purchased the story content and downloaded the 2 free DLC items.  After a few battles you should have access to the normal in-game store and the online DLC store.

Playing this game on a dual-display system is incredibly nice.  Very smooth to view details, while you can also change map detail attributes with the right shoulder buttons.  If you want to see monster HP, Toll fees, etc.

Add me up on 3DS btw.  Nintendo still has the 12 digit friend codes for Switch and 3DS / 2DS.  My 2DS FC is:
4356-5252-5397
If you visit Philadelphia, you might catch my streetpass too.  I'm looking to get out for the Mario Odyssey event here on 10/24 too.

Edited by Pic0o
Friend code

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this