Sign in to follow this  
Hunter83

CLOUD Act

Thank you for that clear, to the point link.  I think that explains why many of the major companies updated their terms of service.
This will make for some shady means to entrap people, if you can get carte blanche to collect and sift through people's data.  So much for due process.

Dude, even when there are clear rights, I can speak first-hand on how corrupt and rough due process can be, when it's written plainly into the law.

For the past 6 months I've been fighting an illegal foreclosure on my home.  Highest state court, 4 separate rulings as precedence on my side, a binding purchase & sales agreement prior to, and several statutory violations by the supposed foreclosing entity.  In addition to the mortgage note by law, being a nullity.
I got attached to a case against another person on the property, post-judgment (in violation of law and court rules), and the lower court (Worcester Housing Court) is god-awful and ignores everything.  I'm now in Appeals Court trying to show how badly everyone screwed up, law on my side, and feel like I'm getting screwed over every step of the way. And I'm Pro Se, representing myself.

Even with due process rights clearly written essentially into stone, if the system is corrupt or doesn't care, it's hard to find any help.  When it's written into law that our privacy can br violated like that, I can only imagine the shit show.

Sign in to follow this