Sign in to follow this  
J0k3r

2018 D33'z Build

Attached is the specs of the new build! Last full build was Sept 2011 (In a older post here)

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X Processor (YD295XA8AFWOF)

COOLING: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Aluminum Radiator Triple Curve Fans AIO Enthusiast Liquid Cooling System CPU Cooler

MEM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 LED Desktop Memory
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X399 EATX HEDT Motherboard with onboard 802.11AC WiFi, USB 3.1 Gen2, and AURA Sync RGB Lighting

HD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW)

build.JPG

• Thanks 1

Looks like tonight is the night, so long as I don't boost all your new kit off your porch!

Add me in Oculus.  I'll find my info and how all that friending stuff works.  That build looks insane.

y0 y0

So far the build has went as normal as I would suspect. The problem is now I must commit and pull the PS from this machine in order to power the new rig due to me opting to save some coins and recycle. I mean wtf right? My PS is still a 1600w PS so should be good and the connectors look aces so far as well. 

The biggest change is the socket... I mean you have to love a CPU that comes with a torque wrench pre-set for the proper torque to SCREW down your chip to the socket LOL no more weak ass plastic levers!

My backup plan is an emergency BestBuy stop 😛

As far as adding you to Oculus, its going to be awhile... Once I fire up the machine I will need a day to get it updated. 

Also another concern is that the MOBO will require a bios update to run the chip... How do I do this with only having the 1 chip that requires the BIOS update to run? My hope is that it will still POST, if not my options become pretty limited...

Sign in to follow this