FunTimeBliss ::
Sign in to follow this  
tOucan

52 Game Challenge. 52 weeks or less.

Typically you're meant to start this at the start of the year a game a week over 52 weeks, due to work and other commitments I've been putting this off for years while continually buying new games how ever this ended on Friday 22.11.19 and I'll be moving forward with this commitment and use here to post the games and what I think of them will be smashing out a bunch of game pass indies to give me leeway first over the holiday break.

Will not be going for achievement completion on any of these titles just the main story line but any gamerscore increase that has been very slight since the 360 days would be appreciated 😂

This list will also include a bunch of titles I decided to play an hour of and never had the time to get back to either.

• Thanks 1

22.11.19 Golden Axe. Original, 360 port also backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

Segabits-Golden-Axe-Retro.jpg

What can I say a bit of a cheap title, I had originally been meaning to get through this for quite a few years as nostalgia only as being one of the first games on my Megadrive me and my cousins played for hours never able to fully beat. This is just as hard as back then, no saves, no limitless continues like I hear the new Aladdin and Lion King have on the switch port killing any of the mind boggling hardness factor to hand hold the kids I guess.

The 360 pack comes with Golden Axe trilogy and I will get to parts 2 and 3 before the end of this and will not be included as new titles as I consider the back one game but great fun none the less.

10/10

Purely for nostalgia purposes and the endless hours spent on this, expect a quick play through as this was originally intended for arcades and ported to the Megadrive.

23.11.19 Tracks - The Train Set Game. Available on Xbox game pass. Also available on steam I believe.

Tracks-The-Train-Set-Game-Screenshot-05.

What can I say this game surprised the hell out of me as I was flicking through titles on gamepass that looked small in size to quickly install when I had a couple of hours of game time, I actually finished the achievements on this game and surprised its not listed anywhere as easy gamer score it's the easiest I've ever encountered.

That said this game really put a smile on my face the entire time I played it, the graphics are crisp and the game play smooth. You go around making toy train tracks to what ever you can come up with in a few environments. As a lover of trains this is what grabbed me when reading it but I was really surprised how calming this game was to play. This is something I will definitely be coming back to in a few weeks to make a track to run as screen saver around Christmas in the lounge room.

8/10

Don't expect much depth expect a sandbox perfect for you or kids.

24.11.19 Abzu. Available on Xbox game pass. Also other consoles.

p1_2248826_b5a9b3d3.jpg

This is a title I wanted to play years ago when it was available for free on PSN+ but for some reason EU/AU got shafted with a different game for the month and this only coming to the U.S I would say this game surprised me compared to what I thought it was going to be a free roam exploration game for some reason but having said that I had never studied what the game was fully about just enjoyed the visuals. Those visuals still hold up but look a bit jaggered around the edges now could use with 4K textures or AA increase.

You follow a pre-determined path in this one on your way to clear the ocean of the trouble makers, not really free roam, solve a few puzzles etc.

7/10

Expect another quick play through with still some great visuals and sound effects even to today based off the style. But don't expect replayability.

24.11.19 Riptide GP Renegade. Available on Xbox game pass. Along with steam and competing platforms.

play-riptide-renegade.jpg

This game surprised the fuck out of me in all honesty, I was having some nostalgia for Rapid Racer & Wipeout when trying to find something that recaptured that feeling and vibe, I stumbled across Hydro Thunder (Which I'll probably get to at a later date) and this.

This is a pure throw back to those games of the generation, crisp graphics and all the story you need to keep you going. Plays perfectly, no major downsides at all during play through. The tracks do get a bit repetitive but compared to the size of the game I was surprised how much you actually do get thrown at you.

Finished off the story across two days and feel myself wanting to go back even for more for the extra events. This game is just fun the more you get into it, and the online reviews are dam near spotless as well for such an held of title to me anyway.

9/10

Will be coming back to this, expect a good few hours of time sunk into this if you want to finish off every race to completion.

05.12.19 Rage. Available on Xbox game pass, Along with everywhere else. I know I own the disc for this on 360 somewhere but downloading it to play seemed easier than finding that.

rage_combat_2552.0.jpg

So what to say about Rage? I remember it launching to a lot of hate originally, I think it was hyped beyond belief being the main issue for the title at the time so I never grabbed it even though for the time the trailers made it look good. I did pick it up on 360 when games got really cheap, when the previous generation games hit rock bottom that's when I try to buy dozens at a time for later dates before they start rising again.

I thought I would get to this as I noticed the second Rage was on gamepass already, but probably should of read the reviews of Rage 2 first (not favorable) This game for its few faults I believe would of been great at the time and still holds up today, don't expect real exploration it's pretty much an on rails shooter but that's just fine, driving is fine, shooting is good, graphics good. Storyline eh. But it works, reminds me of Red Faction to a degree. Specially the later titles. Wish I had picked it up originally, now it feels very generic but back then I expect would of stood out a bit better. Took me around 10 hours on this one so a few days compared to the last titles.

8.5/10

08.12.19 Supermarket Shriek. Available gamepass and I'm sure everywhere else.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt56jtBdil4PCctZWM_Rx

Thought I would grab an indi game after Rage play through time for something a bit shorter seeing that it was anytime of racing game no matter how stupid I was in. This game is actually, testing, and quite funny for a good laugh if you had any friends to join you.

You turn left and right with screams to steer the kart around shops collecting targets, beating times etc.

I think the most interesting thing I found which is something I'm sure the devs didn't leave in on purpose is "debug menu" Pushing both joysticks down brings up the debug menu which gives you the option to "unlock everything" which is great because you'll get stuck collecting stars to unlock the next areas but with this you can just unlock every area and jump forward collecting stars where ever you please. It also brings up a level select menu for testing, why I say the devs didn't leave this in on purpose and surprisingly googling it comes up with no results so not sure if this was a mistake in a recent update surely someone would of found this by now..? You can easily jump to levels for quite rare achievements at the end, I just thought I would see how the final levels are and you end up collecting achievements doing nothing just by using the dev menu and picking these levels that apparently only 0.1% have unlocked previously.

Interesting none the less.

8/10

Sign in to follow this