Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Pic0o

Fixed the Image Problem Here, and Here are my First wave of Pics, and a Whole Lot more :)

I Need to Fix the Gallery Today :x

Just Going thru the First part of the Game, The Cinemas are Excellent, and the Gameplay to Boot :)

After I Set my Swap to 2.5Gb I was able to actually Play :-)

Vampire: Bloodlines Screens

Last Dump. I'll Clean up Later :)

Back to This Dope ass Game, SP Only Atm, but Insane ^^

Very Alt-Tab Doable. Just Need a Faster Box :)

* Added Link to Gallery, as other Images were slowing thread down, and redundant.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Necro Bump, as I loaded this up on my XP install with a P4 3.06GHz and my 6800GT Vid Card playing @ 1280x1024, but I did see a nasty dip from 45 FPS to ~ 9 when I hit the Santa Monica Beach, similar in the Sewers.

I'd buy this game again to play it on 360 in HD, that'd be insane fun.

Oh yeah, I grabbed the community patch to try out, you can grab here.

vampire_2009_04_19_18_20_28_18.jpg

vampire_2009_04_19_18_22_05_62.jpg

vampire_2009_04_19_18_23_17_65.jpg

vampire_2009_04_19_18_32_15_50.jpg

Edited by Pic0o
Unofficial Path Link
  • 1 year later...

This game is a beast for resources, as I am curious to see how it runs on the new Lappy. I noticed an error after install to the tune of 'Available memory less than 15MB!!! - 85889024'. This is a Windows x64 bit issue that was fixed with Half-Life 2, but never in Vampire directly. If you want to fix it, I am trying this technique... and it works!

The intro videos don't display, but if I press a button, I get right to the game menu.

Trying some action with forcing the game into Widescreen. This will be great. Also installing the Unofficial Patch. <-- the Version 6.9 Patch has everything you need and want, including the ResFixer utility for Widescreen and x64 OS Fix. ;)

Edited by Pic0o
Widescreen Vampire
  • 1 year later...

The above 15MB!!! error returned when I bumped this rig to 4GB RAM, as at 2GB I had no issue. Applied the Basic version of the 7.5 Unofficial patch last night. I was also going for the Widescreen fix, but I still have to do the hex edit on engine.dll in the Bin folder, as detailed below:

There is a resolution patcher located at http://www.fileplanet.com/156598/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade:-Bloodlines---Resolution-Patcher that will allow you to use custom widescreen resolutions for Bloodlines.

For the exe to work, be sure to paste it into the \Bin folder of your Vampire BL install. You'll get the attached utility to fix your resolution.

vtmbl-ResFixer.jpg

Vampire Bloodlines OldTremere.jpg

Edited by Pic0o
Found old character save
  • 2 years later...

I stand by saying this is one of my favorite games. I am reinstalling this, as I have within the last year and a half. It runs incredible, considering the engine now runs silky smooth. I miss Trokia, they did amazing work on this game and deserve to be remembered for such an amazing title.

Unofficial Patch is still being supported by Wesp5. Awesome!

Unofficial Patch 8.9

Avoid weird glitches. Make a new character for use with this patch.

A good test for replaying from old game saves:

I'm going through the game again and was noticing my feed attempts are failing much more than usual post-patch.

Have you continued an older game from before patching? Because it is a known side effect of that that NPCs on hubs turn into vampires that can't be feed from. Just kill some bums and check whether they burn to ashes.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 4 weeks later...

Heads up on a Quest Bug. I even think I may have seen this a few years back, but certainly now. Explosive Beginning quest when you are to speak to Bertram Tung is glitching me out. I cannot enter the Gas yard, and if I noclip into the area, he is not present.

I did complete The Asylum owner quest. However after the conflict tree is resolved and I am told to consort with Tung, he is not there. Returning to the 2nd floor of the Asylum also does not let me interact with the NPC. I have not found much on this glitch yet. I'll see if I can trigger the Tung asset to load, or find more info in the unofficial patch forums. Ahh, here is a thread on the bug.

Related to old save files, but I inquired about any commands to force his spawn.

Heads up, I was playing a character built years ago, from the original game content. I did the Bum test and can feed on them fine.

Make a new character when playing the Unofficial Patch. Else you will eventually be stuck.

This game is also made with python. The community patch fixes many quest progression bugs. As such the fresh player character make, prevents the fault conditions to occur.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 2 years later...

I want to say this is one of my, if not favorite games. I'm going to start a new character sometime soon.

The Unofficial patch is up to version 9.7 with a modified date of January 2017. Thread @ PlanetVampire. Respect to Wesp5 and everyone else involved.

I had to hook up a USB CD drive to install on my current laptop. Good times keeping the classics running. I should make some good ISOs at some point. In the installed folder, you will find the goodies.

x:\InstallFolder\Vampire - Bloodlines\Extras\Shaders and Mods

To get Widescreen support enabled, you want to run ResPatch.exe in the above install path.

In your root game directory for Vampire - Bloodlines, you will see vtmbup-readme.txt with text notes.