Play a Game? (Game tracker)

Pic0o

Looks like it's almost been a year since I was in this thread. I got myself to continue a Wind Waker HD session I have been poking at since I got a Wii U. I have to say playing with the gamepad pro controller is relaxing, while the Wii U Gamepad is wild with all the options. It's like an advanced edition of playing on the Gamecube with a GameBoy Advance.

I have mentioned being a Legend of Zelda fan before. Wind Waker is a long game, however some of the longer parts of fetch quests have been decreased from the Gamecube to Wii U edition. Weapon quests and a near-end game item quest went from 8 items to 5, as an upgrade tree dropped the prerequisite drops from 20 to 10. Legit helpful changes.

Also along changes (that I hardly used) are the in-game statue decor from photos. Also along the in-game camera lines, you can add pictures and posts to Miiverse. Normally if I want to grab a photo to upload, I'll press the HOME button then make a Miiverse post and the image will also be attached.

Jolly October! I have been keeping busy and trying to find time to relax. Lots of stuff to check out locally and some travel in the mix, along with the old exploration stuff. I figure I will bite when the new Zelda game drops, because I'm a sucker for a good sequel in an enjoyable universe. I also have the Orcale of (Seasons and Ages) on my 3DS and the original GBA carts. I did one play thru but never got around to wrapping up the other one. Finding my clear code will be an adventure, I'm sure.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2016-11-18 note. I am borrowing a friends PS4 to test play Watch Dogs 2. In exchange he is borrowing my gaming PC. Friendly heads up, they will be on my steam account this weekend, potentially until after Thanksgiving.

So I also get to see a PS4 hands on. Woot.

• 3 months later...

Been a few on this thread. I still have a Wii U but I main on PC currently. I'm skipping the Switch console, traded in my 3DS, PS3. I still have a NES, SNES, Gamecube, PSP and of course, PCs.

I was going to pickup Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but amazon botched the shipping date and I canceled my pre-order for Wii U. Maybe after it releases, hopefully get a little sale, and is confirmed a good port on Wii U.

I have a trip to chill with gamer crew coming up and have some games loaded up.

• Vampire Bloodlines on the Unofficial Patch
  • Prototype 2
  • Shadowrun Dragonfall
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Ghost Recon: Wetlands - This is looking cool. Might pick it up on release.
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • GTA V. Might play some matches locally.

That'll due nice for LAN mode. Throwback DosBox era games are always on the table. ;)

• 7 months later...

Welcome to another October!  I have been taking a VR break replaying Zelda: Breath of the Wild.  The Switch version and portability is a huge benefit for my lunch breaks and being able to play in other rooms of the house without sitting at my desk.  I resisted the console at first, but I have to say it's really good, even with the lack of integrated applications at the current time.
I have to admit I got a 2DS handheld, pretty much for Culdcept Revolt.
I also picked up Metroid: Samus Returns.  It's a good game but mildly difficult.  Think in vein to Castlevania style gameplay (classic-vania).  I was also able to re-download my eShop purchases so I have lots of Zelda, Pushmo and some older Mario games on there.

VR wise I'm going to try and get some custom projects done for fun.  Nothing too crazy, more like concepts and figuring out how to manage the 3D assets outside of VR as well.

I picked up Cave Story+ and Splatoon 2 along with Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, but Zelda has been my main time game.  I have all the memories and Master Sword, so I could beat it again but I also have a good bit of the DLC 1 pack to explore.  Quite a bit of temple exploration is what I'm up to now, bumping into my stamina bar, but knowing I need more than 13 hearts to hang with the fierce challenge modes.
Mario Odyssey shall be mine on Thursday night. :)

Outside of games, I lightly dabble in DevOps with Ansible and adding more Powershell to my skillset.  Dorking around in Linux is more of a priority though.  I get plenty of Registry and GPOL windows experience in my day job.

• 3 months later...

Mainly Heroes of the Storm, a free MOBA from Blizzard based on their series of games (Diablo, WoW, Overwatch, Starcraft).
Whatever Steam games I picked up on sale and have time to play.
Breath of the Wild (though haven't had time to use the switch much since July)

• 3 months later...

Thanks to an early birthday gift I am now dabbling in the art of video capture over HDMI.  Elgato HD60 S is a quality capture device with HDMI pass-through, so you can play directly on a display, or in the Game Capture HD window while recording or streaming.  Anyways, I also have a Twitch.tv page up with some PC and console recordings.
I'm not really into the whole talking over gameplay, so I either mix in music or just let it go with game audio.

I'm still mainly playing on Switch and PC currently so the below upcoming titles reflect this.

Switch

• Okami Switch - 2018-08-09. Never got to play this out yet. 
  • Captain Toad Switch - July 13th.  Extra Levels over the Wii U version and this is one of my favorite games.  Tablet mode on the switch will be way better than it was on Wii U.
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - 2018-05-18.  I played this before on Wii U but am getting this for all the DLC and portability along with performance improvements.
  • Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King - This is out.  I'm just waiting to pickup once I finish another game or two.
  • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Aug 28th.  This is a localized port of Monster Hunter XX Double Cross from Japan.
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - I loved these games so the next one is a natural pickup for me.
  • The World Ends With You - Another DS port I never got to play. 
  • Bloodstained - Kickstarter that is looking to ship semi-soon but with no confirmed date.

PC

• Monster Hunter World (PC) - Sometime this Fall 2018 but they need to design the online topology for PC so it may be delayed.

I'm currently playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.  Thank goodness for Funky Kong mode because the levels can kick my ass around a bit.  I'm on the 5th world currently and I think the Mine Cart levels are some of the hardest.  Level design is enjoyable and the boss fights are pretty distinct too.  Haha you can see me get smacked around a bit on my Twitch streams I have archived.  I finished main game this week - 2018-05-16.  Some frustrating moments but a good time.  Enjoyable platformer indeed.  I have some hidden levels to find and finish up.

Beat Saber is pretty fun.  It's a VR title where you slash blocks and avoid obstacles like a Guitar Hero like game.  There is also a modding community that is pretty sick and likely to keep that game popular for quite some time.  I enjoy VR but it needs to continue getting quality developers making content.  The downside is most devs are not really flipping a ton of profit for their work and time.  Hopefully VR adoption picks up over time.  I know the Oculus Go dropped recently but that's more of a mobile VR platform (GearVR) than it is a desktop graphic and interaction capacity.

Edited by Pic0o
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty keen to play the Switch Pokemon games of Let's Go Pikachu! and Let's Go Eevee!  [Official site] for the game is live and it comes out November 16th 2018.  From what I saw, it looks like the story is a retelling of Pokemon Yellow with an emphasis on being easier to play?  Sure, I'm down as the last Pokemon I played was Black on DS.
There will be inter-connectivity with Pokemon Go, if you're into that as well.  There is also going to be a Pokeball controller.

Fallout 76 was announced and a trailer shown, but that's about it.  I'm currently playing Skyrim again on my Switch and am using the sneak level method on Einarth to level up crazy quick.  I played Skyrim once so I forgive myself for cheesing some levels. 😉

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon released for PC and consoles.  I kickstarted the main game, Ritual of the Night and got a code for Steam to play this mini-Castlevania 3 like game.  It's pretty good without being crazy hard to start like the old NES games.  There is some extra content to sink your teeth into as well, but I did an initial play-through in 3 hours.  Very cool a game for $10 bucks.  It's an 8-bit like adventure without the limitations of the original hardware.

Oh yes, I also played the Legendary (main story mode) of Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition.  Quite a long story run with all of the DLC content that is included with this version from the Wii U and 3DS editions of the game that came prior.  I only cracked the surface of all the Adventure Mode maps, once I cleared the story content.  I haven't got to try local multiplayer yet, but it certainly has 2 player co-op.  If you want to romp in a Dynasty Warriors style game, I suggest this but you can also jump into One Piece: Pirate Warriors or the Fire Emblem Warriors games, depending on your universe of interest.  I haven't tried those 2 out myself though.

• 1 year later...

Wow, it's like I fell into a portal here.  I've recently been playing Animal Crossing and Dragon Quest XI on Switch.

I just got a PS4 Pro this week and put a SSD in here.  Picked up for Final Fantasy VII Remake and I also got some more digital games on PSN sale.  Looks like I will get to play Red Dead Redemption 2.  I grabbed GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas for like $15 too, so I'm cool with that. 

Thinking about Doom Eternal but I'll wait a little before squeezing off on that one.  Picked up as I figure I'll play Cyberpunk 2027 when that drops on here.  I saw Watchdogs 2 with all the DLC is on sale too, so I grabbed that and would play it again.

I play on Xbox One occasionally too.  Mostly stuff like Worms or whatever someone messages me to pop in a session for.

• 5 months later...

That game Carrion (Steam, Switch) is pretty good. Cleared it in around 10 hours with some idle time and enjoyed it. Think of a reverse-horror game where you are the monster. Break your way and gain size and abilities as you fight back against the base they tried to seal you in.

I have also been on varying other games. VR stuff, some switch and PS4 / XBO as well.  Lighter to boot up the xbox unless someone is online to play something.  About to play some more VR as I am curious to see the Quest 2 headset and newer software releasing.  Thinking about a Quest 2 at some point but really digging the Quest for it's stand alone capabilities also not forgetting the PC headset capability with a link cable.

The Rift S might be on it's way elsewhere for these reasons but we will see how Quest 2 proper launch onward goes.  Higher resolution, yes but it will be seen how the launch and comparability goes.  Having Quest already support Link is a good foot forward, but the actual headset in people's hands will be a real tell.

Still on pretty dedicated quarantine IRL. We walk the dog and see local fam but I am not yet leaving the city to see people yet. Too volatile for all that, for what I feel.

• 1 year later...

Necro thread.

I got my breakdown from the Playstation Wrap-up

My top 5 were:
Ghost of Tsushima - 66 hours

Horizon Zero Dawn - 48 hours

Sackboy A Big Adventure - 30 hours

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - 28 hours

Marvel's Spider Man: GOTY - 27 hours

Currently been playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Switch.  Preparing to play Horizon Forbidden West in a couple weeks.  Wanted to pop a post out while I thought of it.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Got some time tonight to play the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Demo. Pretty enjoyable for the about 2 hours I got into it before it was over. Sometime before full game release on Feb 29th, there will be another unlocked portion to play in the demo. I pre-ordered so I will try to play around release time too.

Other than that, I have been playing Final Fantasy XIV ( FFXIV ) and nearing the end of the Endwalker content. New expansion drops around summer time I believe ( yup, Dawntrail ), so I can potentially wrap up most all of the Post-Endwalker quests by then potentially.

Wee Kiddo is watching TV now and had a nap this afternoon after the park. So he will be up a bit. He just crawled into my lap, so that's a wrap for this post.