Aion

Pea

EDIT: This game is officially open now and a lot of fun. For those who are curious... Aion - Getting Started Some great info is to be found there. =)

It is also REALLY easy to play if you've ever played WoW because it is sooooo similar. But, I don't find it to be annoyingly similar. It's just conveniently so.The character customization is so amazingly detailed, I have a lot of fun just sitting around tinkering with that. (So yes, that means my alt addiction has carried over to Aion from WoW... makes it even more difficult to juggle the two, ha ha!)

The character list: (because I can't keep track any other way, lol)

Asmo1.jpg

Asmodian:

Corisin - 24 Cleric (Priest path that specializes in healing, casting, melee, buff)

Pea - 12 Spiritmaster (Mage path, specializes in summoning elemental spirits to fight, casting)

Luthor - 11 Assassin (Scout path, specializes in sneak/stealth attacks, duel-wield melee, poison)

Pallis - 1 Warrior (Gladiator to be, specializes in melee with polearms, multiple targets at once)

Elyos1.jpg

Elyos:

Pallis - 10 Chanter (Priest path that specializes in buffs, casting, melee and healing)

Soara - 6 Scout (Ranger to be, specializes in bows/arrows ranged attacks, sets traps, stealth)

Corisin - 1 Warrior (Templar to be, specializes in tanking, melee with swords)

Korisin - 1 Mage (Sorcerer to be, "glass cannon" specializes in casting, crowd control, enfeebling)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cool on the release. I'm not seeing an Open Demo option though. :o

I'm kinda shocked there isn't an open demo, but I figure they want the servers working hard for people who bought the game. Looks cool, but I'm not gunning to jump into another MMO, especially without some Demo'in. :P

That looks cool as shit. I would never get to play the game as I would be stuck in making a character!

Lmao, yea Kat, the character creation is friggin intense. I was like, making notes on which hairstyles and faces and tattoos I liked in what combos for what character, took a shit ton of screenies to compare them, ha ha. It was funny. Finally settled with what I want though. =)

I don't blame ya for not wanting to jump in yet Picoo, I'm sure they'll open something up soon.

And no way Jet! Lol, I am dropping FFXI, but not WoW. BUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

And no way Jet! Lol, I am dropping FFXI, but not WoW. BUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Good decision, we still :ninjawub: you!

My FF char is controlled by a friend who uses it for events and shit. I am happy he has a use for it, as I don't. I got all I'm going to out of FFXI... mental scars and awesome cutscenes.

I stayed up for a good 25 hours playing Aion. Took a 4 hour nap, and am ready to jump back on with some delicious beer to join me. Corisin got her wings, I will post a pic of her kicking ass, flying, and taking names. But for now, here's a screenie of her during her ascension quest to get them.

Aion0040.jpg

She's so sexy and badass at the same time. I remade Pea to be a lot cuter and started over with her to level up with Rot's character on the same server. We got to level 5 in like 30 min.

Aion0042.jpg

Cap right now is at level 50, but I'm 99% sure it'll be similar to WoW and that'll increase. I expect the first increase to not even be a part of an expansion, but just an update once they're sure/confident the servers and all that crap are g2g.

Here's some pics of me flying. I was collecting aether in some time I had between quests before going to bed before work... well... the going to bed part is still being considered right now. O_O

Aion0051.jpg

Aion0052.jpg

And here's a couple pics of Rot and I... Lol. As you can see, he made his guy big, and I, in turn, made Pea quite small (just fits the name better!)

Aion0043.jpg

Aion0044.jpg

Oh and have no fear Jet, levelling isn't THAT fast in this game. Although it went fast for Rot and I those first few levels since we were teamed up together. If you're solo-ing, it's slower going. Plus we both played beta, so we already knew all the early quests and what to do with our jobs and so on... ;)

With Corisin I have had much slower going to figure out my new quests, and she kicks ass with melee, casting and self-healing. BUAHAHAHAAA!!! But I get distracted with exploring things, like the different professions and gathering stuff and just flying around helping people. :D