Game Boy Player

So, I saw mention on the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube and since it can do TV play of GBA to GBA carts, I am kinda interested in this. There is one in the area. but she's missing the boot CD. Luckily, you can Order One from Nintendo for $15 bucks. Also of note, is the KB article for the device on the Nintendo website.

This works with my prophecy to play the Oracle of Zelda games on GBC, without being bound to the handheld screen of ancientness. :)

I'll have to pass this one by the Wifezors! :bunny: Approved. :yar:

Jump to 6 min into video, to see what device interface looks like on Gamecube

Edited by Pic0o
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my CD from Nintendo yesterday and I gave the adapter a good runthru. Games looked awesome and I was sure to set the Zoom option. I also got a Svideo cable the day before, and it greatly helped the color quality. With RCA connects, all my GC stuff was pretty blurry and washed out, but the Svideo cleaned the colors and text up quite a bit.

Kat was sad, because she thought this meant she could play DS stuff on the GC and big screen. Silly girl! As a consolation prize, I grabbed Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii), so she can re-enjoy some big screen Pokemans. :P

Game Boy Color stuff will be almost completely full screen (4:3) with the Zoom option, while GB Color and original games will be a smaller (maybe 80% zoomed) of the display screen. I fired up Zelda Link's Awakening DX and got to hear the excellent intro music. Very likely I'll RCA dub that and port it to a phone ring.