Rainy Day in the City

Pic0o

Merry November. It feels kind of wild that November is here and over half-way over, but alas this is the case. Rain and steam fill the city of Philadelphia. Steam is ducted on colder days to use as heating. It can be seen from some manholes and in the horizon of the sky.

Anyhow, I haven't been up to much. Unpacking, watching some film & TV, playing some games. Speaking of games, I should have a WiiU review up in the next day or so. I picked one up and am giving feedback on what I have found and how I am digging it.

I will say from the standpoint of most standard games, playing Nintendo titles is refreshing. There is a better design of enjoyable gameplay and particularly local multiplayer with Nintendo versus Other console / major publishers. That is my main reason for going with a WiiU, instead of a PS4/Xbox One/New Video Card. Granted my 570 GTX is still holding up @ 1080p, pretty well.

Computer security news wise? Many businesses are getting leaked heavily. Personally, I believe that many companies and corporations ignore operational security, until after a breach. It is amazingly hard to convince people to invest in infrastructure (people or technology) until after there is an issue. There are signs of this bad practice improving, but still far too slow an adoption rate.

Happy Monday and may the rest of 2014 be kind and respectful to you all :)

I've recently bought a WiiU (last week infact), mainly to play Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

I do have a gripe though, when buying DLC for a game title the console does not download it in the background.
Instead you have to launch the game first, then let it update automatically...

Downloads patch. Installs patch.
Downloads DLC. Installs DLC.

So I found that pretty unintuitive.

<<Add my NNID if you want to venture online for some kart racing :)

Cool dude. I picked up MK8 this weekend and enjoyed some local races. I will add you up tonight, or sooner if I find a login for my Nintendo profile and friends list.

Smash was a push for me, but replaying Windwaker in HD with a dual-stick gamepad is amazing. I have been juggling Windwaker, Mario Kart 8 and New Super Mario Bros U / Luigi U combo. Luigi mode is hard mode, so I am going to wrap up OG Mario mode.

I hear you on patches. The 3DS is very similar. My MK8 was a digital purchase, so I got the DLC, Main Game, then patches. It had them all queued, so happily it was good by time it loaded up.

Edited by Pic0o

Very cool. I sent you a friend req on Nintendo network. Also changed the DS field for the sake of sharing NNIDs.

I picked up Smash Bros this morning. Looking forward to rocking that this weekend and also playing around with the amiibo NFC tech.

Hmmm I remember the daily steamy grates all over in the winter in the city. I'm too far out right now to see any of that anymore, but still in city limits.

Definitely interested in hearing more about the WiiU. I never owned a Wii and havent bought a console in like 8 years, but I might be compelled to grab a WiiU for the games I used to love from Nintendo.

Hopefully the Wii U thread gave you good info to work with. I really enjoy the console. That is my plan for the weekend, besides walking the dog around too :)

I had to renew the domain name and that is why the site was down yesterday. Whoops :p bad time of year for a renewal.