GTA Chinatown Wars

Afronomicon

I honestly almost forgot about this game. I also saw it has been released for PSP. I scooped up the DS version on the way home today.

Prior to picking it up, I saw much praise for this game and after doing about 5 missions, I can understand why.

From stills, you'll get a GTA 2 Vibe, but the camera is much more robust and changes angles accordingly. Another cool feature, is you charater's PDA. You can save anywhere (so long as not in the middle of a mission) and the GPS works very well via touchscreen.

Speaking on buttons, all short of menus and safe house stuff is primarly done by buttons. This works very well, be you driving or shooting.

Story wise, you get to the chase very quicky and no one hessitates to swear like naval commanders. I'm pretty impressed how solid this game is.

For you R* social club members, you can link your DS to the site and get similars stats and stuff, like GTA 4. Checkin around, it looks like the story will give you around 10-12 hours of play. You can also replay any past mission, so that's a nice replay feature.

So far, this is pretty awesome. This game is way less uptight weapon wise, than GTA 4 (non-DLC) is. :cookie:

I got access to slang some bags for loot. Playing in this game is nice, as the shared design from GTA 4 is handy.

For DSi users, remember that most games will only support WEP and the USB Adapter as the Wi-Fi details save to the cart, not pull from the system memory / settings.