2008 Post-Holidays

Pic0o

Pssst, tomorrow is Friday. It's also nearing the 2nd week of February, so I figured news post time was upon thee.

It is also a couple weeks after we wrapped up our Tour De Xmas. We spent the last Weekend of Jan in Buffalo, and the Previous in PA. On our adventures, we got some nice merch, duckets, and of course this translated into some games. Speaking of games, I have a hearty archive I have been hacking away at happily, and this week should bring me some Culdcept Saga and Devil May Cry 4.

Local Weather to no real shock, is cold and Icy. I enjoyed cracking the ice off my ride to get me into the office for another adventure filled day. Speaking of Adventure, I have been doing some solid tinkering with Linux again, and this time I have used it enough to feel fairly familiar with some core functions, and installing packages and isolating dependencies.

Last night I slapped a 2nd HD in my Game rig and threw Ubuntu on it. I figure if I can get my Capture card working, running some records by Cron job will far exceed the ghetto hack work via Windows Scheduled Tasks. Already in my last 2 weeks or so of Nix tinkering I have seen the included networking tools are far superior to Windows ones, and I am well aware of the 3rd party Nix Apps for Networking that blast Win out of the water.

Outside of the games and Nix tinkering, I continue to keep an eye on current events, especially on the Networking / Security side of things, since education is the strongest and most rare defense in this modern data 'ploit world we live in. Thanks to the History Channel and especially after watching Life After People, I fathom methods of enhancing archiving to a much more long term means, since as I mentioned Information and Education are some of the most powerful tools one can equip.

Happy almost weekend from the workplace, and remember that it's not paranoid when you are just assessing facts. :bunny: