Corsair RMAs Gone Souf

Pic0o

I'm just bitching as I look at a PC that has been RAM-less for over a month. Corsair got my RMA on 8/4, but has yet to ship a replacement. WTF, mate?

I guess it's Call Time tomorrow. Our SD Card RMA took ass long too, but I assumed they parter CO'd that up. WTF on the 24-48 Hr Processing into a Month? You Outsource too?

Got RAM, and it's double what I sent. In the future, I'd just hope the Web Status gets updated, or an email goes out mentioning the delay. I didn't know if the shit was made or Uranium or what. lo.gif

Edited by Pic0o
Resolved on 9/17

I haven't been a Corsair fan for a long time. Back in the day I purchased the top of the top shelf from them and the shit couldn't hold rated speed.

I called them and they were all like "We don't support the speeds you are trying to run the RAM at" and I was like "WHY THE FUCK DO YOU SPEC IT AND SELL IT TO RUN THE SPEEDS THEN". They had no reply to that one.

Also good to know. I'm certainly moving onto new RAM once I get this shit RMA'd. Prolly a next year til I get to build a Core 2 Duo Rig. I got a cheap-ass Vid-Card in my office rig, and FFxI still run mad nice.

In Win, Dual-Boxing Final and grabbin new 6800GT Drivers. :P I need a new CMOS Battery today.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my RAM today, and my 1GB Pair turned into a 2GB Pair. :yar:

I'm still not cool with not getting a status on the Long pending on RMA, but better yet eventual Replacement of Same Type shuts me up. :bj:

Also, my Pc works better since that Cheapie PSU and Bad RAM are out my shit. Back on Sparkle, since it's the last spare, not in a case. :P

• 5 months later...

The 2nd Corsair SD Card I have (read:LAST One I will ever buy) has a broken Read/Write Tab. I was able to ghetto it with some Tape, but it perma-broke today. I will be applying this fix to make it Perma-Read/Write enabled.

Those tabs are so stupid, especially when they aren't made for shit. To-Do tonight so another 2GB SD card can return to active duty. :hammer:

Via the comments, electrical tape works well, as Scotch tape (what I did previously) wears down via the insert/remove cycles. I may do that up before the glue gets involved. :bunny: