Info Cut

Pic0o

Jolly Day from my Desk. It's currently 44F here, so I may spend my lunch in my car with my windows down, as it's basically spring. We'll keep the outside part our secret. :viking:

Anywho, I saw a few articles of interest as I play catch-up from a long weekend, filled with our Friend's Marital Bliss, and my Monday of projects.

Most of the info I have is Medical Related, and shows some serious issues with too much automation. I think you'll agree with me upon seeing the issue with Remote Intelligent Drug Delivery System implants (RIDDS). I honestly would never consider such a device, but I watch a ton of Sci-Fi and Horror Movies, and understand that Technology is not 100% functional, especially when there is a means to remotely (IE Cableless) way to tinker with it, as quoted below.

-Quote-

The researchers from Darwin University and the University of Central Florida said the Remote Intelligent Drug Delivery System implants would dispense medicines automatically or via a wireless medical network. The devices, implanted under the skin, would remove the inconvenience of manual drug delivery. By connecting a RIDDS to a wireless medical control center patients with physical disabilities, learning difficulties or who are otherwise unable to give themselves medication could benefit.

Still on the Medical Front, it seems there is a huge flaw in the Logistics of tracking Biochemical weapons in Major Bio-laboratories. The even larger issue, is the 2001 Antrax letter outbreak was traced to an employee from this main facility, the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID).

-Quote-

The concern this time is that the lab may not be accurately tracking the use and storage of all of its biological organisms in an internal government database -- leaving the door open to misplacement, mishandling, or worse. According to an internal memo obtained by ScienceInsider, "any materials found without a corresponding record in the database must be reported to the Vice Chief of Staff of the Army."

Finally, outside the Medical realm, we have the NetBook offering of Windows 7, boasting a 3 concurrent application limit. So this version will force almost anyone to upgrade their OS, or edit what be nessicary to make the limitation go away. Every machine I have ever seen, almost ALWAYS has more then 3 applications running, business or personal use.

That sums up my recap of current events. Have a Safe and Jolly Week. :ahoy: