DSi XL

Pic0o

$170 new on an XL. Might see a price drop once the 3DS hits at end of March, but I wouldn't count on it. Even if so, prolly 10 bucks.

Sadly however, the DSi Shop content still is not setup to allow transfers from your old to new system. I am hoping this will change once the new one hits, as I just called Nintendo Tech support to verify no download to new console option.

Oooo... well his bday is the end of March so that'd be awesome if the price did drop. Even if it's just ten bucks I'd feel like I did something right, lol. Although it could lead to trouble. The reason I don't like my DS is because some of my games are so hard to play with the small screens. (Animal Crossing, Viva Pinata, Cooking Mama, Nintendogs...etc.) And if he has the XL, I might have to do some trade-ins to get myself one! Or maybe he'd get me one as a super BA mommy's day gifty. ;)

Yeah you gotta be careful. XL is certainly a gateway drug.

FYI, the 3DS dimensions along with all the other releases are detailed on Wikipedia. Btw, JP Launch is Sat the 26th of Feb.

Model Screen Sizes

3DS:

3.53 in (90 mm), 800 x 240 px (effectively 400 x 240 WQVGA per eye) at 24 bit color Top Screen

3.02 in (77 mm), 320 x 240 QVGA at 24 bit color Bottom Screen

DSi XL:

4.2 in (107 mm), 256 x 192 px

DSi:

3.25 in (83 mm), 256 x 192 px

DS Lite & DS Phat:

3.0 in (76 mm), 256 x 192 px

Edited by Pic0o
  • 5 months later...

I checked last night to see a Firmware update was out for DSi models. This update looks to be from the end of June, per the Nintendo release notes. Background enhancements are the only noted change for this release. Looks like 1.4.3U is my current version,

As for transferring my old DSi purchases to the XL, the utility from Nintendo only supports from DSi to 3DS and you need both physical consoles to do the transfer. This misadventure taught me that I will keep our original Wii as long as possible. since content transfer pretty much is nil.

• 2 months later...

Another firmware update is up. Another good reason to update, is for some The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition for Free until Feb 2012.

I am just starting it up now, while Kat's DSi XL grabs it. To download / play this game, you need to have a DSi or 3DS model system.

Since there is still no content transfer means, this pretty much sets me in for keeping this model DS for a loooong time. :roflmayo: