DJ Hero

Pic0o

Kat picked me up some DJ Hero for PS3 this weekend. I spent almost all day yesterday playing it, until my hands told me it was really time for a break. Cost was $40 bucks with game and controller @ Best Buy, while a single turntable without game is going for $60 @ GS. Crazy business right there. Kat called out the fact I have been checking the game out almost every time we were in a game store, so after said observation, I did the pricing research to make it happen.

For the $40 price, the game is well worth grabbing. Your main modes of control on the turn table are Scratching, button pressing (3 colored buttons), Cross Fading and Effects. Effects are the least commonly encountered control I have found. Scratching is done just how you'd think, with the addition of you holding one of the color buttons while you do it. Cross Fading starts out all innocent, but progressively gets more intense. You also have a Euphoria button (aka Star Power) that will pulse Red when it's ready to be activated.

With DJ Hero 2 on the Horizon, if you think you'd have an interest in the game, scoop up DJ Hero 1 on sale, so you just are short a game disc. The Game + Turn Table package is all graffiti looking, and will say the game and table are included.

I also saw that the Limited Edition version of the game, comes with a Table Stand. Since I see that going for $100+, I'd say it's highly not worth the markup. I shuffled from Milk Crates and just ended up playing on my lap with the turn table. There was an aftermarket stand avail @ Best Buy for $30, but it shortly disappeared from stock but lives on ebay, with a gratuitous markup.

The Controller is Wireless btw. I just plug in the USB Dongle for PS3, pop in the 2 AA batteries, sync it up, and it's good to go. Also to note, the Cross Fade portion of the controller is reversible. Lefties be not left behind.

I also gave a look at the contents of the DLC packs for the game, and they are basically 3 songs for like $6 bucks. Not really cost-effective action there, IMO. Luckily, the DJ Hero controller and game can be obtained for a cost-effective price. Amazon and Best Buy are the 2 places I saw with the $40 price tag.

I see they learned from the release pricing of DJ Hero 1, and lowered the release price for DJ Hero 2 with a controller. DJ Hero 2 with a turn table will debut @ $99.00, versus the $120 or so the first game released at.

Edited by Pic0o