Pic0o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a thread on my Ed-E Bug. Hopefully, I can go to the last floor of Vault 22, see him again and get him to follow me. I have put this game on the backburner, because of this glitch. another set of potential fixes for Ed-E.

You cannot replace Ed-E until you release him from your party either. Super annoying. I'd love to know when the hell the real patch is coming for Fallout NV.

Lesson Learned. Do Not buy a Fallout game until well after release date. So far, it's well over a month and no common, large issue glitches have been resolved. It sucks, because the game is otherwise a great time.

I checked both Vaults and already tried the wait technique to no avail. crdy.gif Someday, I'll get that patch they keep talking about. I did see PC folks got part of the patch, as it now shows your companion on the map, when they aren't near you.

Edited by Pic0o
No magic fixes V.V

I'm sad I bought it and then cyber monday came and it was $20 off. I still haven't unpackaged the thing. haha. I mighta been able to return and swap or something but... ah well.

I'm still waiting on big patch before jumpin' in.

Yay! Patch Info.

We’ve wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it. We’ll let you know when it’s up on PS3, 360, and Steam.

Now that it's submitted, I shall hope for a swift release. I'd like to get Ed-E back, loot him for gear, then trade him out for another companion. :)

Console locks & Crashes, along with the Companion shit, are the 2 largest faults I have seen. Fix those and I'm happy.

I'm sure graphical glitches like the invisible PC you'll see someone typing on, and the occasional glitching landscape by jumping it will still happen, but having played Fallout 3, I am well accustomed to having multiple save slots. Sadly with the companion issues, you have to constantly keep an eye on them, as it's easy to not notice they are missing, until it's too late.

Nope. I was rocking out in New Orleans all weekend and got home @ 4am today. w0oo0t.gif

I will boot my PS3 up tonight to see what the deal is. Checking the forums @ Beth, looks like 360 patch is this week and PS3 is Live as of the 10th!

Woot. Patch info:

Today PlayStation 3 users in North America and European territories can download the latest game update for Fallout: New Vegas. With your PS3 connected online, you should receive a prompt to download update 1.02*. This update will be available on Xbox 360 and Steam early next week (we'll keep you posted). Below is list of issues resolved with the game update.

Top fixes:

* Companions now show up as waypoints on the map

* Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away

* Fix: DLC error/save corruption

* Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption

* Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings

* Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list

* Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods

After the break, see other issues/quests the patch covers...

In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:

* Pip-Boy Interface

* Pre-Order DLC Items

* Reputation System

* Radio Stations

* Companion fixes

* Companion Quests

* Repair Menu

* Caravan

* Weapons and Weapon Mods

* Hardcore Mode

* Perks

* Skills

* Crafting Recipes

* Crafting Menu

* Mojave Express

* Chems/Addiction

* Doctors

* Vendors

And fixes for the following quests:

* Ain’t That a Kick in the Head

* By a Campfire on The Trail

* They Went That-a-Way

* My Kind of Town

* Boulder City Showdown

* Ring a Ding Ding!

* King’s Gambit

* For The Republic, Part 2

* Render Unto Caesar

* Et Tumor, Brute?

* The House Always Wins

* Wild Card

* Beyond the Beef

* GI Blues

* How Little We Know

* Oh My Papa

* Still In The Dark

* You’ll Know It When It Happens

* Arizona Killer

* Eureka!

* Veni, Vidi, Vici

* All or Nothing

* No Gods, No Masters

* Birds of a Feather

* I Put A Spell On you

* Come Fly With Me

* That Lucky Old Sun

* Don’t Make a Beggar of Me

* The White Wash

* Ghost Town Gunfight

* Restoring Hope

* Bleed Me Dry

* Aba Daba Honeymoon

* Tend To Your Business

* Wang Dang Atomic Tango

* Flags of Our Foul-Ups

* Debt Collector

* Talent Pool

* Left My Heart

* Someone To Watch Over Me

* Hard Luck Blues

*Please note that once you've updated the game, you can confirm it's been installed by going to the Title Screen>Settings>Display. In the lower left corner you should see Version 1.2.0.310 in the lower left-hand corner.

Post Patch, Ed-E is still bugged. I see he it s shown near Vault 22, not on the maps anywhere when inside or outside. I did notice when right outside Vault 22, it seems like he is there, ghost killing shit.

I was correct in noticing him being in the Vault 22 area outside, as a ghost. Other folks are still boned with a MIA Ed-E post patch.

Ed-E Wikia Article

Edited by Pic0o

I put a little time on my saves the last 2 nights and I'm currently 23 with 92 Hours. Prolly 3 of those are wasted trying to recover Ed-E, so I just said the hell with it and moved forward.

I had one Console Lockup (PS3) while playing last night, but as usual, hitting eject returned me to the XMB, then I put my disc back in and continued on. Game lock happened just after I zoned into an area, I think it was just outside the Strip.

I spent most of the day playing, and white it's not as common, I still certainly am seeing game locks, loading loops and so on. Prolly lookong at 5th lock or load loop today, playing for 10 hours or so.

One of the most helpful perks in the game =

Jury Rigging @ 90 Repair

Well, lockup are back to very frequent. Shelving game for a few. I am quite displeased at the lack of functionalty from New Vegas.

It's personal now, so I will try to play again tonight.

Edited by Pic0o
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • 4 weeks later...

Consistent issues to Miguel's Pawn Shop, that end in Loading loop. I also think if item and dead mobs were cleared somehow, it'd assist with stability a bit.

Made it to GG on main story a few hours ago. Save every area @ Dam to be safe of crashes. Fun, but gimped npc and stabilty isssues have me good on Fallout, until it's on a better managed design for world.

Edited by Pic0o
GG huzzah
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When will 360 players get that DLC? :o

Also, I guess I will start playin' this sometime soonish... as I don't think any crazy new bug fix updates are set to be released, eh?

First DLC hit Xbox first around Nov. The next 2 will be released at the same time for all 3 platforms. :)

Yeah man, I don't think there are many more plans for them to patch the big issues I still have. crdy.gif I'd be all over this, if they'd keep patching the game as it needs. Next time I get the bug to play, I'll continue my evil character on PS3. At least there, I know what (far less game mangling) bugs I am up against.