FFXI 360 Pad Button Config

Here is my 360 Pad config for Final XI on PC. The default mappings are nothing like how it plays on the actual 360 version.

Left and Right trigger appear to be bound as camera though. I think this is because they are hardware bound as Z-Axis as Windows controller buttons.

Smaller image is revised configuration. Autorun is on Start, Alt movement controls on Back / Select.

ffxi-360PadConfigPC.png

FFXI-GamepadRedux.png

I remembered after reading this that when Mike May and I were modding the original Xbox, I had extra parts after blowing up a motherboard...

I had tried making a USB adapter for my Xbox controllers back then, but it never worked. The drivers were always flaky as hell and hard to come by.

I just busted out an old port from an xbox that I had never tossed out, chopped a USB cable and found some Drivers for it.

installed, opened ffxi config, tested gamepad settings, and all is well. XP drivers on my Vista rig worked fine, not sure if Win7 is going to like it. I'll be trying in the near future.

Now I can extra slack. I took a picture of the hack job I did. (crappy quality I know, it's late and my phone sucks)

post-75-134025719444_thumb.jpg

Bad ass and pretty ghetto! Not a bad idea for my old OG Xbox controllers, as that'd net Kat a Gamepad, without forking out 50 bucks.

From what I remember, the D-pad on the OG Controller is far superior to the 360 D-pad as well. I had to sandpaper my casing to make 360 D-Pad target selection be a viable option. :lol: