Witcher 3 / Series thread

Pic0o

I'm going to give this 3rd installment a chance at playing as I got a free copy with my 980 GTX purchase. I will start by saying I played the 1st game and after many hours, I stopped playing it. The progression and story were dragging in respect to the gameplay when I was playing the 1st Witcher game. I never tried the 2nd one at all. I still have my 2011 save files for the 1st game and they say Kaer Morhen and Country Inn for my save locations. I was not that far into the game but there is a hint where I got to.

Curious if anyone else is playing the 3rd game and/or has played the other 2. Currently I am downloading the pre-installer for Witcher 3. The GOG.com installer is about 23GB total, including the 1.01 patch.

As is my trend, I am playing on PC. I have not loaded up the 3rd game yet since I'm downloading the installer now. I will hit this topic back up as I play the game(s). I may even reinstall the 1st one to load up where I left off. Last I recall I was in a town and fended away some attackers.

Pardon the light topic. I always get the groundwork down and eventually build from there on gaming threads.

Playtime Experience.

I had my 1st crash after the intro and when getting quests @ the town board. MMO sound and everything on the quest new display. Very nice a game world to wander through. I am playing @ 1080P 60 hz. Lucky for me, I saw the in-game save often prompt. Speaking of prompts, go through each game menu to unlock inventory items and peep your character equipment and map also.

I am going to go full-screen instead of borderless windowed. My graphic options are currently on Ultra detection setting. Frames Per Second Chops in Grassy cutscenes so far

Nvidia 350.12 Drivers. No Nvidia Experience or 3D drivers install options on my 980 GTX running windows 8.1.

• 4 weeks later...