Grand Theft Auto V

Pic0o

Considering GTA V drops tonight and I don't have a regular job at this time, I'm saying fuck it and grabbing a copy tonight at midnight. Trade in promos and some old Wii games make this a free pickup. Short of gas money.

Going to secure a copy for tonight and buy groceries in the mean time. I wanted to wait for PC version but my PS3 will be capable enough since the PC option isn't there yet. Also of amusement is compared to when GTA IV launched, the PS3 is far better off in the console space than it was back then, imo. Should make for a reliable day 1 purchase.

I'll need to stock some caffeine for the evening as well. I wonder if I can get espresso keurig cups? Going to need a few of those this week. :)

I'll drop share feedback as I take breaks playing. Less than 2 hours before I can pickup my copy. Nap time now.

8486 MB install or so that took maybe 20 some minutes? Been playing for a bit, back to that until I pass out in this recliner.

Edited by Pic0o

I was going to wait for PC, but my GTA wub powered supreme. I think this game is vastly more enjoyable mission and story wise compared to base GTA IV. I'm about a dozen missions in of

69? total missions

Most if not all of the Social Club features aren't working well. Likely due to the insane amount of people who bought this game. Midnight release at my store was the most amount of people waiting for a game I have ever seen in person, by a large margin. Maybe 200 people or so at my local store.

Same goes for the iFruit application for the mobile IRL phone addins to GTA V play.

I'm going to let some sleep happen, as my game play is suffering now. :p

I may grab this... But don't have a ps3 and my pc specs aren't very good... So maybe 360? Blah. Need to upgrade pc but too many other things to worry about.

Been reading and watching some stuff on it tho. The 3 char system with switch is cool. and the economy sounds fun too.

Word man, yeah PC is only in the rumor mill for a release as there is no date yet. PC Gamer has the rumor info. Potentially some info before the end of the year and thoughts of a 2014 release. Hell, I worry about if my computer would play GTA V well with this 570 GTX. I'd want to run the game on pretty settings to gain the non-console advantage.

Yeah dude character system is pretty cool and the narrative upgrade from IV is pretty big imo. So far no exceedingly annoying dating system, because I'd say that was annoying as shit in IV. Now it's some texts to indicate a call for missions. Driving around the city I can also see some locations inspired from previous games. The airport gives me a Vice City vibe and the other locations are of their own, with a splash of familiar from other games.

Writing wise, the social satire is priceless. Granted most of the jokes nearly write themselves in this current era of real world. :p

Bicycles are back too, yay. Character stat meters are pretty cool as well. Chop is a dog that also links up with the mobile app. You can do tamagochi type minigames and things to boost him ingame. There is also an auto garage option on the mobile app. As I said, the servers are being hammered that run that stuff. I lost some progress from the mobile app and pet stats due to the jank connections.

Oh yeah, GTA Online should launch sometime in the near future. October 1st. It'd be incredible if this were finally cross platform and 360 + PS3 people could play together. This functionality is long overdue, but is sadly just a dream at this point, likely.

Edited by Pic0o

It turned into a busy week for me, but I have a few days off again. I got to the 3rd protagonist and I think he's my favorite. Possibly the rural setting and batshit insane nature are why I enjoy this character so much, but damn Trevor is awesome.

Damn glad I picked this game up so far. Coffee at my desk and hopes to play into the week night here shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently single player is kind of pootched from GTA Online launching? Damn these games need to have an internet off function, to keep working 100% for single player. No excuse for this shit by now. It's obvious huge games will over-burden nearly any or all online networks, poorly load tested for real before a launch.

I have computers to fix and plenty of other things to do, so GTA will sit a few more days. Great game otherwise.

I will try to play without a network connection configured today.

• 2 weeks later...