Test Drive Unlimited

tOucan

Well, I was at eb games today and there having a half price sale of nearly all games, so I decided to pick this up 2nd hand even though I havn't finished 1 of my 10 or more games ive aquired now :P . But iv'e wanted it for awhile just because I enjoy racing games even though im easily 50 hours into Forza and still no where. Dam simulators. This has a more arcade feel to it like project gotham which I enjoy.

The map is a complete life size ohua or some island near hawaii and when I say this map is massive I mean its massive. Its incredibly big il'd say about the size of oblivion but with roads and such all over the place ive only explored half the island so far going back and forth to races, but once youve been to a certain location once you can automatically transfer there which is a help.

Obviously like all racing games winning earns money, placing higher earns you more money to buy more cars etc. You can also buy houses all over the island to store your cars in. Along with races and such theres delivers, dropping off mates cars at certain locations along with picking up "Top Models" and hitchhikers. Who give you tokens to buy clothes in the stores all over the island to customize your appearence. Along with a very customisable face system.

The selection of exotic cars is emense, im not sure on the total amount but you won't get bored anytime soon and if cars dont do it for you theres also a bunch of road bikes you can buy to go rampaging around on. You dont customize your car once youv'e bought it you just jump in no need to waste money on improvments etc true to the arcade feel.

Apparently ive completed around 15% of the game so far which ive been at for hours so it should provide a good deal more for me untill a new game pops out, hopefully awhile so I can cross off all my already purchased games.

My gold was about to run out so I grabbed a handful of monthly subscriptions from some GTA4 cases to keep me going for awhile yet :lol: