Halo 3

Pic0o

I was doing the NeoGAF reads on the Halo 3 Map Pack and I'm also in the 'Holy Crap, $10.00 for 3 maps is BS' Boat.

Lucky enough, the maps will be Free in Spring '08, right before they release the next pack of maps. I will stick to my guns and not jump on these when the launch, in hope the price will drop some, or else I'll wait til they go free.

2007/12/11 is the drop for new Maps.

I renamed the topic for Halo 3, and added that this Map Pack should be free now.

Edited by Pic0o

I'll use this topic to mention I wrapped up the Campaign on Normal, and it was a good play. I think the reason my Achievements for level 2 and 3 got gimped, is because I saved the game mid-cutscene. I'm playing the 2 levels now, and grabbing skulls along the way.

Hmm, no achievement again, playing level 2 on Normal. I saw if you save in the middle of a level, you get the Achievement Das Boot, that explains why I didn't get it this time too.

I was impressed with the fun of the Single Player, minus 'The Key' - Level 8. That level was a PITA. :P

Damn Flood.

• 3 weeks later...

Peer Pressure and a portion of the needed points won last night, and I rocked the new maps out w/ Xer, Run-N-Gun, and Drebil. A good time indeed. I want to play with the Map tweaker so I can make a version without missiles. :P

If you want some gameplay Vids, I have them on my Bungie Fileshare. I don't know how to straight download them to PC yet though, besides doing a Tv-Out Rip.

• 3 months later...

FYI, I do believe this Map Pack is free now, as the next one is due on April 15th.

Xer let me know much tweaking has occurred since I last played, so I will probably knock the dust off in the near future. I figure this will be the first FPS we buy a 2nd Copy of for Kat's 360, as it offers so much in the replay / full package.

I also did enjoy my brief playing of Gears of War, I need to get much more play into GoW before I over Halo it though. :wub:

My fault, Tomorrow looks to be the Free day.

Edited by Pic0o
3/25 for Pack 1 Free

Lots of map tweaking has been done, from some weapon placements, to a spawn here or there. Bungie constantly tweaks their playlists ;)

Two weeks ago they had a double XP weekend of Grifball, which was really fun. Its bomb planting, hammers only, bomb carrier has really over shield.

This week it was team swat for double XP. BR's and magnums only, extra health, headshots more deadly, no radar.

Finnaly free, for cheap skates like me :P I havnt even finished the single player yet but. Buying a 360 with a ton of games right out doesnt get you in the mood to finish one at a time :)

I'm still there on the games to be completed. I spent some time wrapping up Act 1 of Gears on Nub, then I watched some Forever Knight. I spent a good bit of Sunday working with a shitty partition on a Maxtor. Lucky for me, it was a hand-me-down.

I think I played the new maps about 2 nights since I got them. We'll see where the weekend gets me, as I'm pretty sure I don't have enough money to waste in my gas tank driving anywhere. :sail:

• 3 weeks later...

Today is Halo 3 Map Pack #2 Day. I hope that most folks grab what they are going to before Friday, as I'll probably want to play some online shiz by then.

I'm passing on the pack currently as I barely played much of the last pack. I'll give it a thought once I pay my Monitor off. :lol: If anyone picks 'em up, let me know how they are.

Good to know I'm not a complete failure for holding out on the maps. I also avoided any games last night, as AMC was playing Charles Bronson Movies and I believe my Monitor should get delivered today. :yar:

• 1 year later...

I was playing again this weekend and after some good time in SP, I realized I am a little better with controls now, and the game looks snazzy in HD. :)

Grabbed some points, prolly gonna get 2nd and 3rd Map Pack. 2nd Pack is 600, 800 points for current. That and Fallout BS DLC will hold me down proper. :gift:

I wanted to check before grabbing pack 3, but after the video, it's on. The Video showing levels was good nuff. :ninjawub:

Edited by Pic0o
Link for 3rd Map Pack