Left 4 Dead

Pic0o

I think the Demo is up now, or should be tomorrow, as I must see this game, being played by me. :P

I :wub: Zombie slaying, and I like Valve shooters, just not much for the online part, since it's 12 yr old douchebags IMO. :o Anywho, I look forward to rocking this game hard, and Kat has approved this as my deviation from no games til X-mas.

There is a Monster Thread @ NeoGAF and I will drop some of the quickie features this game brings, as it shows it was made by a PC Dev, with all these Split Screen action, and SystemLink Support.

The 360 version will include 2 player split-screen, as well as system link support. The 2 players can also play online together, much like Halo. Certain Affinity is helping with the 360 version of the game. 360 version has dedicated servers, hosted by Valve. This is no TF2, on that platform.

Finally, someone else gets it. I don't want to buy a 2nd game, just so Kat and I can play together.

Players - 1-8, or solo with AI controlled survivors. The game has 3 distinct game modes. Single Player, Campaign, and Versus. Campaign is a 4 player experience, Versus is a 8 player experience, as 4 other players apart from the survivors take control of 4 boss infected. (The Boomer, The Hunter, The Smoker and The Tank)

Yes! I was curious if I should get Fallout 3 first, but I still have yet to dive into Oblivion, so another Epic Time sink will do me better @ a Discount. :)

From what I am seeing, you can be a Zombie or Human, Yay. ;) Sold.

Apprently, if you AFK, you will be taken over by Bot Play, instead of being dead weight. AWESOME. Also, Bots, I miss them to fill the slots of Humans. Bots don't whore K/D Ratios. :frl:

Edited by Pic0o
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kat and I played the first Demo Level last night, and it was awesome. I like the Level Designs, they feel really fresh and thought out. If you ask me, a L4D level shows the difference between a normal console shooter, and what made PC shooters awesome (Circa: Red Faction, Solider of Fortune, etc)

The game is also really creepy. It seems to do a superb job of placing you into the feel of surviving a Zombie Shootout. Play the Demo! We did, and it verified that L4D is a must get for me. :ahoy:

I'd play it on PC, but my 360 is much more powerful then my PC Rig. :lol:

Edit:

I rocked thru the Demo a little bit ago, and loved those 2 levels. I look forward to next week. ;)

Edited by Pic0o
Demo GG'd

We are maxing 4 player Co-op w/ Fn0rd, BB and J0k3r. This is the coolest game on earth.

Pre-ordered, and all of us are Day One Get. Expert = Insane xD

@ post, cleared Advanced Setting :)

Edited by Pic0o
Advanced GG

Multi Deathmatch is 8+ dude. Zombies vs Humans. We're only gonna get 1 copy, since kat is super working til like Feb. :smurfy:

Keep in mind, like Halo 3, 2 people can play online per console, so guests can be 2 per console :)

I might sneak one tomorrow.... we'll see but I will be honest, my availability is going to next to non-existant until after the new year.

Nah, some dude @ Gamestop does too. He was like 'omfg, Mouse and Keyboard' we were like 'No doubt, but we cannot afford a PC to run it' :lol: 360 Version Plz. I'm getting more customed to Console FPS play, especially since the games look incredible, run easy and stable (if not, OEM needs to work that shit out ASAP), and playing with Friends is the easiest stuff on earth. :yar:

I just got done w/ Chapter 1 and that shit is super intense. J0k3r, BBs and I rocked a few rounds of Co-Op and DM (Zombies vs Survivors) and Deathmatch was different, but once you saw the contrasts between classes, sweet as hell. One of the main things to keep in mind as Zombies, is that you spawn as any of the different Upper-Tier Zombies, so you get fun abilities, and the skills to climb up Drain Pipes for Stealthy kills and Evasion, as Humans cannot climb the sides of buildings. Pipes to climb are highlighted with a Glowing Animation when you are a Zombie.

Kat's Copy should be a Go! tomorrow. ;) Monster doesn't get theirs til tomorrow, and I was off today from mad late shift @ work, thus I needed Get ASAP. Not to mention J0k3r'd bust my chops if I didn't have the game on release, I swayed him to try, and drool for.

I also traded in CoD4 for credit on Kat's Copy, since I know I'll never desire to play that shit online again. :bunny:

We can only Dream that Left 4 Dead gets the PC and 360 Cross Platform Server support, but either way, it's Awesome as Hell. I do :ninjawub: the Right-Bumper for a quick 180, as it's a sudo fix for no trackball.

I also have my Sensitivity up a notch once I played Single Player, and It's helping. :)

I pwn in every game, so yea bow?

Nah seriously though, when Pic0o is rolling Afronomicon, BB gots the breeder (The woman us men will use to re-populate the world) and I got the drunk NAM VET rolling some shit like RED TEAM GO!, its on like Donkey Kong. Chunking heads, while yout teammates kill the bitch of a witch that has mounted you and trying to rip your soul out of you asshole is just to much fun. One other thing, don't let me or Pic0o become a "Tank" because the game just can't handle the evil. I chuck motha fuxas like shot putt's (spelling?)

So yea, if you got a 360, you need to pick this shit up while its hot because at the rate we intend to play this game, expect it to get hold sometime in the next month. Even still, this game has me believing that even if the interest is lost, it will be one the games that makes constant comebacks after a few weeks of shelf time.

Serious Sam + Gravity Bong + LAN = About half of this game

Yeah man, this and GTA 4 will hold the test of time, as GTA 4 validated this when Camel, Fn0rd and I were rocking that shit hard the other day, before Left 4 Dead was retail. :P

Serious Sam + Gravity Bong + LAN = About half of this game

QFT, write that shit down doubters, L4D is Super Powa! Kat's copy is in the pad, and I should be home on time tomorrow, and I'll get my Buddy to play on her 360 til she gets home. :ahoy:

Single Player is also quite fun, as the Bots are Mad Insane Skilled. Let them blow medpacks on you, as when you Die (and a bot does not scoop your ass up fast enough), it's respawn @ Map start time.

I'm on the last part of 2nd Movie Run to Boat. Damn bot packed me when boat came, was stuck, got dead, then Tank Raped right @ Dock. crdy.gif

Gonna give it one more run. :P Getting good @ fuckin Tanks up w/ AK stubby or w/e :) 360 Bullets of Clean, and Pistols @ Close or Far range. Also, I do enjoy the .22 Stlyey. That Monster clears shit up insane. :frl:

My Buddy and I caught BBs in some Co-Op, then we had to rally out. :bunny:

Yo, I had a Fucking Revelation.

We can do 1vAll Games again w/ the DM Mode, as 1 PC Human Player w/ 3 Bots Vs and Entire Zombie Horde and Human Controlled Zombies will Be 'Fair', and most of all, FUCK AS FUCK! :shank:

So yeah, if you have a 360, do Add me as a Friend, and Get Left 4 Dead if you don't have it. I saw Valve has Confirmed more Zombie Types for Multiplayer and Maps will be coming @ Some Point.

I hope they are either Free, or at least worth any Cost, since I know PC People will have the Hookup there, but I got 1080P and an easy ass Interface and Smooth Game on my 360, that will equal me spending the Money for Left 4 Dead Addons if so worthwhile. No Skins Paid DLC, I want to be full when I buy that Meal. :roflmayo: