Opera Mini

Pic0o

Quick Morning Greets. I have been playing with Opera Mini on my phone, and I have more a less, been comfortable with it. I will list my reasons below, but currently, I feel Opera is more a backup browser then a Primary one for your Blackberry, as some features are counter-intuitive.

Pros:

• Page Scrolling by 'Wheel' Left or Right is Awesome
  • Loading Speed
  • Rendering Options (hit '1' to change page render type). DS Web users, you will remember this Zoom Box, it's much faster on a Blackberry then DS.
  • Zoom Capabilities (especially on Images when @ medium or higher)
  • Webpage Script Execution. It does this zippy.
  • Awesome History. Want to go back to a page you were on yesterday, OK.

Cons:

• No integrated Select and Copy text from a page option I found
  • To enter text into a Field, you need to select it, open a text form, then save to exit that form. Very counter-productive to default browser
  • Auto-Hiding Lists into a Click-to-show link. This makes searching and visual hunting a PITA
  • Very Limited Browser Options. I cannot flag the Auto-list option, or Various standard options, unlike the stock browser, where I can set a homepage, define font size, block scripts, stylesheets, etc
  • To get a Webpage URL, you need to basically add it as a bookmark, edit the URL, then try to Copy it. PITA for sending someone a link.
  • No ability to Paste in URL Bar

I could perhaps come up with some more, but since I have been using Opera almost exclusively since day 2 of my BB, I can agree with Kat, that the Opera browser is missing quite a few core features, that would define it as a core component for your Blackberry.

Also of note, I have found no way to Make Opera your Default browser on my phone. I honestly don't want to at this point, but down the line with some patches, I might.

If they (Opera) manage to give you more controls over the browser, add a Copy and Paste that lets you select text from a Webpage, and set a custom homepage, we might have something to talk about. :lol: Opera is a good backup browser, namely if you cannot login to a certain page or something, but it's not a primary browser IMO. :kat:

Yuh, I still stick with the BB web browser, entering text in the field on the opera browser is irritating and time consuming.

I think one thing that I will rely on Opera for on my BB, is loading maps from FFXIcyclopedia, since the default browser does not handle that as well (currently). I also have Opera on Medium Image quality, while the stock one is still on Low.

I have built in iPhone safari browser. Works really nicely. But iPhone needs to can an update allowing copy/paste. Other than that I have no big qualms. Browser settings are very limited, but I pretty much only visit sites I know and trust on iPhone.

Isn't it awesome how we all got new fun mobile browsing phones all at same time? Whoop :D

Fun it is :) I could tell you I'd break anything with a touch screen and no copy/paste honestly. :P

If only my phone had a WiFi option, I'd be on the LAN running all sorts of shit. FTP client and browsing MythTv would be on the top of that list :P

I had some Remote Desktop stuff running with my phone as a client, but it was ghetto as hell. :lol:

I have a 2GB card in my phone, so I just bump some music off my phone by Input in the car. This is super nice, since my Creative takes a few to boot, and it's easier to change tracks and see whats playing on the phone display. My Music is basically Phone in the Car, PSP @ home on Net-Radios. :)

Nice man. And yeah... I dunno, a lot of times the iPhone has build in ways to quick save certain info and shit... but yeah, copy and paste would be really fuckin nice. It was one of the features that attracted me to the Storm at first.

iPhone gots the wifi. :D

Sounds like you got pimpin' music setups.