E3 - Alan Wake, Forza 3 Confirmed.

tOucan

I'm on my Coffee and catching up now. I'll list and give a 'script on info for interesting or funny stuff.

Today's Infos

• FFXIV will be another MMO for PC and PS3. Big pass here, I felt enough pain from FFXI. :roflmayo:
  • PSP Go is another version of the System with a slide screen. Fancy, but my PSP-2000 is doing just fine. ;)
  • Also PSP, Sony dropped the price of the Dev Kit 80%. Yay to the prospect of new games.
  • Fallout 3 expansion 'Point Lookout' hits June 23, and is Swamp based.
  • FFVII is coming to PSN. I don't have a PS3, but I do have my PSP and PopsLoader. ;)
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Assassin's Creed 2

That's the cool I see now. I'm filtering based on stuff I would be likely to play. Feel free to add anything I missed of interest to you heads. :)

Ive been very underwhelmed at E3..nothing over exciting to me....and MS and Sorny touting their motion capture controllers made me scream NOOOOO!. I play games to relax after work, I do not want to work up a sweat too both by re-arranging my furniture so i can play and then playing.

10-4 on the No-Thx Motion shit. Wii was enough to demo how active gaming is not really handy on a motion console, so my interest in dancing for a camera is Nil.

I understand they just want that Wii money, but :sail: none the less.

It'l be interesting to see what Nintendo come out with next gen as there gimick since this gens tech is well and truly stolen/dusted what ever... Or are they back to the gamecube days of later now.

Here is my commentary on the "success" of the Wii....

It became like an ipod, something that was cool to have, I know LOTS of people with Wii's, 90% have them modded and 100% rarely if ever boot the thing up. While the Wii has sold alot of consoles the amount of games sold is piss poor

Info as of October 2008...im too lazy to find newer :)

360 -8 games sold for every console

Wii - 5.5 games sold (this INCLUDES Wii Sports, so its really 4.5:1 and also includes WiiPlay which is more or less a Wiimore with a game, so more like 3.7:1)

PS3- 5.3:1

The Wii has shown that being something popular with the kids leads to nothing but shovelware being made for it.....seriously, I have yet to find a game I enjoy on the Wii..If I dont enjoy Zelda or Mario games, my fun on the console is done.

This kind of went off topic but whatever....Nintendo said they dont plan a next gen console until there is new tech..ie not just a Wii upgrade....

Quick edit...who are these people that dont get games for their consoles...I have like 50 games for my 360, which means there is like 10 people with 1 game :|

This kind of went off topic but whatever....Nintendo said they dont plan a next gen console until there is new tech..ie not just a Wii upgrade....

Quick edit...who are these people that dont get games for their consoles...I have like 50 games for my 360, which means there is like 10 people with 1 game :|

New tech? How longs that going to take? Do they expect the wii to keep selling in the trend it is atm even when the ps4 and 720 are released? We'll I have around just over 20 360 games aswell, so im part of the list but im sure the attachment rate of the 360 is pleasing Microsoft.

Natal? Pretty amazing tech I thought, Not something ild buy for me personaly. Maybe next gen just for the gf and for friends over drinking saves me buying a wii at any rate.

One of my master favorite games on the Wii was Zak and Wiki. That Point and Click adventure game was excellent, and of course, it sold for shit. If Nintendo wants a chance of me considering whatever console comes next, they need to add OG Controller support to all games. It will be a sad day for them if they think doing a Wii+1 will work as well again, as I agree on the trend / fashion statement that made the Wii so popular.

Back on the Wii, I played that Mario game but just didn't get into it. The Paper Mario game was fun, but I was not really into Mario Galaxy for anything. I obviously liked Metroid as well when we had the console, but I just hooked my cousin up with all the cool games we had, that I knew my folks weren't going to play. :)

As for titles, we are in the 30-40 range with games for 360 I believe. I also wonder how people only get a game or two for a console that has so much shit to play. :lol: Must be fake-gamers. Oh well, the fake gamers will live for the Twitter and shit coming to the 360 :roflmayo: I can only imagine the amount of XBL accounts that get hijacked, once people link them to those social profiles.

Natal sounds cool, but not enough to pique my interests. I'm just not into the gimmicks at all anymore. :smurfy:

• 1 year later...

Necro bump Powa! :bunny:

I just picked up Alan Wake CE from a local store, as I liked the bonus stuff in the CE. Getting ready to install discs to my 360 so I can investigate this actions. After hearing post-release info on the game, I became much more interested.

I'll spawn a thread once I get a good play into it. :)

/random:

I totally re-bought Zak and Wiki for Wii a few weeks ago. I gave my 1st copy to fam, and for $10 bucks + having a Wii again, respect was mandatory on the re-Get. :smurfy: