DSi XL

Pic0o

Kat mentioned her desire for the latest revision of the DSi with it's 93% larger screens. I utilized the +$25 promo GS is running for DSi trades, so with $105 worth of trade in for her DSi, she now has a DSi XL with it's mammoth screens.

Nintendo should love us long time, well Kat more than me. :P I'm fine with my DSi. I would like them to add an Output to TV option. It'd be dreamy.

They need to move on from the damn DS. How many renditions are they going to put out of that damn thing, good god!1

My only mobile gamin' is my PSP at the moment. Had a DS Lite a long time ago, but traded in for PSP. Haven't played in a long time though, as working from home removes much of my mobile needs.

The DS is in the mid phases, as the Gameboy had like 9 phases. :P Phase 5 for the DS will be the 3D DSi.

It depends on what I'm playing that will have me bounce from PSP to DS. More bang for the buck in the PSP, but many more games avail for DS.

Lol I actually would prefer they keep making the DS's so my games are still good. Although they most likely would make the DS games playable on the next handheld... one would hope!!! I was interested in the DSi XL but I don't think it'd be good cause my lite fits perfectly in my purse or backpack when I am flying as it is. Although now that I'm a wee bit closer to home I plan on flying much less frequently. Weeee!

I wanna work from home Jet... Damn you! Lol.

• 4 months later...

DSi and DSi XL rigs are ready for Firmware 1.4.1. Blocks some Mod flash cards, while giving some system performance boosts. Good with the Bad. :lol:

My DSi holds Chrono Trigger. I have been playing that game like the fine wine it is. :yar:

• 4 weeks later...

3DS is looking to potentially be $250 - 300 bucks! :afro:

Wow man, handhelds are getting expensive as shit. I get some decent play out of mine, but not as much as the big brother consoles. I'll be passing on this for quite some time, solely based on the price. I am good with my DSi, and Kat has her DSiXL. If she opts to splurge on this crazy thing, that's her money sink. :lol:

I also still have a DS Lite, as playing GBA games on it, with the vastly superior to GBA display, mitigates the less than ideal button mapping.

I don't opt on that splurge as I think its ridiculous!

• 4 weeks later...

3D needs to chill out. It's not that fucking cool. I think I'd rather game in 2D unless it was like Doom or something with some really scary type shit goin' down... but I just feel like gaming in 3D would tire my eyes out hardcore.

• 2 months later...

3DS

So, March 27th for a US Release and a $250 price tag, while Europe is the 25th, with no confirmed price (rumors are looking like non-US price will be much higher). Japan leads the release with Feb 27th.

No included games either. :o Also note the rumored 3.5 hour battery life, with the same amount of time needed to charge it back up. At least you can play on an AC Adapter.

My desire to get is nil, so my duckets will be safe. I'm still in shock of a handheld going for that much. I also have yet to see any release games that are going to blow the socks off, existing DS owners enough to buy a 3DS. We will see how the novelty of 3D works for Nintendo.

I do have to say, the analog nub on the system is pretty nice though.

• 1 month later...

Soo. I made the mistake of using her XL today and it resulted in some trades on a 2nd XL in the pad. Screens are just under twice the size and look amazing. The wider profile is also pretty kind to the hands.

On a good note, we traded the non-slim 360 in that was recenty repaired, so with that, the DSi and some other trades, not loot out of pocket. :D