PSN+

Pic0o

Man, I thought paying MS for Gold accounts was a cash grab... then I saw the PSN+ details. Also, here is the Official page.

The only real 'value' looks to be demos and other membership restricted content. If you stop paying the fee, you stop playing those titles. The upside, is at least the online play remains free.

$50 duckets a year. I know XBL is the same (or cheaper with online cards), but the demo thing isn't really setting the stage for me. Perhaps if getting the full game, lets you continue from where you left off in the demo, maybe we'd be talking.

Edited by Pic0o

Slowly moving towards full pay for Sony, There stockholders and board memebers would be pissed there getting no revenue out of online play when Microsoft is raking it in. I dont even pay for live on 360, this might change when I have a slim and wireless :captain:

I caught mention of that plan, but wonder why it's not at a discounted rate for 2 accounts.

On the rumor front, I keep seeing mention of Hulu for PS3. Maybe that is part of this PSN+ thing, that might actually bring some value to the table. So long as my PS3 keeps streaming Netflix, without needing to have PSN+, I'll live.

I'll never understand the US only restictions on that stuff. It seems so rediculous.

Probably a lot more work to negotiate all the contracts, syndication rights, and related business politics to offer all their media internationally. If they're working on some sort of pay-model soon, maybe that would push them to offer to other countries, having some sort of additional profit there.

Hulu is still kind of in that early molten state, so it also might just be wiser for them to limit its access until the model becomes more solidified. I'm sure they have lots of different ideas on where to take the thing. Hadn't been there in a couple months, and checking in I see many new little things -- and they have an area similar to google labs where they test and talk about new cool features.

Definitely come a long ways since I first started using it.

The reason none of that crap is available outside the US is both stupid and easy to understand.

I will take a TV Show for example - House airs on FOX in the US, in Canada its rights are owned by Canwest Global I believe, which means that to have the content available in Canada Hulu needs to make a deal with Canwest Global. This means that Hulu is paying twice for the same content and Fox is only seeing one set of profits from Hulu. It is far simpler to restrict content then deal with the may different variations there are globally as Canwest Global does not have rights to all FOX shows for instance. The Canadian rights are negotiated to shows on a show by show basis. Some popular shows do not even make TV here for some time as nobody has picked up the rights.