Play a Game? (Game tracker)

Pic0o

Magic is a mighty fine MP and Local Play. Great Edit Deck options @ 40 Base, then unlock extras.

I got Torchlight 2 over the weekend and am currently Lv. 9. Played on my mobile desk, and shall put some home Weekend Desk on it. GL on LoL stompin. I don't know if it'll ever ding to me. :P

L.A. Noire run like shit. Patch 1.3 on steam and the game so far, is locked on 24 FPS. To fix this, once in game - go to Graphic settings and toggle (I did Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering) some options, then Apply. I know the game sports a frame limit of 30 FPS, that you used to be able to 3rd party disable.

Mouse Cursor shows up in menus, middle default. Playing on 360 Pad currently.

If I didn't say it, Saints Row 3 was excellent. Love the whole ride and I also got the 3 DLC packs on Daily sale. Looking like I'm going to run those now. :bunny:

Edited by Pic0o
LA Noire Fix 24 to 30 FPS
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played a good bit of Torchlight 1 -- but after awhile it was a bit too grindy for me... as it didn't really have any story to fall back on to support said grind, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Forum reshuffle makes game chatting much easier now. I recently wrapped up story play on Far Cry 3 (PC). I thought it was a blast to explore and shoot in, while the story missions and progression + pacing was pretty well done too. I've jumped back in (since you get to play post-game) in the world and enjoyed the side quest objectives too. I haven't had a chance to peep the Co-Op and didn't check the MP. Single Player was worth under $40 sale, and game wasn't robbery @ RRP, either. :)

Looking to keep with Duke Nukem Forever (PC). Been playing that the last few days, and while it's still ascetically flawed, it plays well enough to be enjoyable. Luxury of post release and patches, from what I've read around.

I also am pecking away @ Pokemon White 2! Got my 1st Gym Badge the other day and transferred a few buddies from While 1. There is a Keldeo event going on until 2/12/13, so temporarily (WEP or USB adapter) setup your means to get a DS online.

New 3DS Pokemon X and Y in 10/2013 is going to be even more crazy! I cannot resist the mobile RPG.

In case you didn't yet, signup for the Elder Scrolls Online beta. I am a bit skeptical of how it may play, but I fully welcome being blown away. Please prove my doubts wrong.

Edited by Pic0o

Finished Duke Nukem Forever last night. It's a far better game than all the hate coverage would have you believe. Level design and layout certainly gave me an old school game feel. This is a good thing.

While I'm not sure of the purpose, the random Valve / Half-Life jokes were pretty silly. Spoilers:

the unlockables and sound board after beating the game, are entertaining as hell. Speed control seems awesome too, curious how 200 % plays.

I enjoyed the game quite a bit and didn't feel it was a chore to play. Sure, the crappy zoom was an awful tech move, but the game did work and played fine. Amazing compared to that Wolfenstein (2009) game that came out for the consoles and such. Now that game was a turd of an FPS.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been rocking out the collection for some game clears. However, Lollipop Chainsaw for $20 bucks broke that trend this weekend. Lollipop is a good beat-em-up type game, with a decent selection of attack moves and attribute boost items. I enjoyed the combat system in my roughly 10 hour romp completing the main storyline. Soundtrack for this game is top-tier. I turned the SFX -4 to enjoy the music at a good blend with the action. Replay can be yours for score crushing and costume unlocks, but side content otherwise is nil.

I would potentially re-buy this (Lollipop) if ported to PC, because 1080p+ with some AA would be magical. Would need to be in the $20-30 price range though, as that's my take on the worthwhile cost.

Darksiders 2 recently also joined the finished game club. I'd flag it as a GG, if not for the horrific bloat this game suffers from. By time I approached the middle of the story content, I was feeling quite down on the lack of interest this game kept. Pushing through most of Chapter 2 and into the start of Chapter 3, I was unsure if I would ever complete the game. Luckily the last part of the game backs slightly away from the needlessly lengthy earlier portions. I have quite a bit of side-quests via DLC pass, but I don't see myself returning to finish it, anytime soon if at all.

Level design felt like they just rolled with a crappy Prince of Persia experience. The Temples rang out to me as especially bad.

Darksiders 2 suffers from "Chapter 2 in Lords of Shadow" syndrome, but never truly recovers from this issue. Just because something is massive, does not ensure it will also be fun.

Currently, I've been a little hooked on Super Meat Boy (PC). SMB is insanely addicting due to it's difficulty. If you like platforming and what to see some quality time noting how / why you died, this is your game. Level Design is also of the highest order.

Also playing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (linked to Seasons clear) (GBC). This is my 'main' play as I'm nearly done with the 2nd temple.

Also started a Dark Souls playthru on PC and I'm looking forward to more Final Fantasy XIV, hopefully next week.

I started and put some solid re-play on Batman Arkham Asylum. Could probably finish that in about 5 hours from my current location in game.

Pokemon White 2 is also in-play, but has been put on hold after Gym 3, so I can complete the final Mobile Zelda title I have yet to complete.

Thinking I will throw some day / week 1 loot onto Bioshock Infinite... hoping for a Day 1 PC release, but my PS3 is a backup consideration.

Edited by Pic0o
Bolded played or playing titles to ease the wall of text
  • 3 weeks later...

New Castlevania is out on 3DS. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate came out yesterday. I got to play the demo last night and was able to confirm it has an N64 Castelvania feel. I don't view that as a con, so I might pick this up today. I think the game looks good in motion and word of about 10 hours on the main story, sounds pretty good for a handheld title.

I liked Lords of Shadows on PS3 and while it has some flaws, it was still a good play. 3DS game looking legit by it's own right and I want these Spanish dudes (MercurySteam) to stick around in the game industry.

That being said, all these new games only caring about day 1 / week one sales, are completely missing the point. You need time for your game to prove it's worth in this market. Especially currently with the sheer amount of disposable games being released.

If people don't remember much about your game after 3 months (since last played or purchased), it was probably a shit game.

• 3 weeks later...

Fez comes to PC on May 1st. I have been interested in playing this for quite some time, but was off the 360 by time it came out there.

Redeemed as I'll be on this when it drops. Speaking of other upcoming titles, the 1st Castlevania - Lords of Shadow should be coming to PC, before Lords of Shadow 2 (also releasing on PC).

• 1 month later...

Left 4 Dead 2 is finally available on Linux by Steam. Looks like I'll get around to a linux install on my SSD. I should make that happen this week.

Played a little bit of Fez and I'm digging it. I was just far too busy running around outside this weekend to make much progress.

I am playing a little Final Fantasy XI again to peep the expansion out. I do have to say the recent patch changes relating to weapons and armor encouraged me to cancel my billing until something is done.

I'll still peep the expansion, I just have until 5/27, unless the balancing is fixed and OG weapons aren't invalidated, despite my not having one.

Speaking of MMO-like games, Diablo 3 isn't doing so hot and Gold duping in a virtual to irl economy isn't helping. Sorry dude, but real money in a virtual world is some bad idea. How many people who were still enjoying Diablo 3, just saw their progress get dumped on?

• 2 weeks later...

Kicking it retro and I started playing The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages again last night. Left off in the 3rd dungeon and have an idea what to do next. I've also been reading and trying to catch up on my 2600s. I've been book slacking, but making good progress on the catchup time.

Most of the time, I enjoy catching some music and kicking back before bed. Old Man Pic0o :wub:

Ah yes, Xbox One (Infinity) is a thing. Next version of the console roughly to release this Fall 2013.

(Link @ MS release page)

Being someone who RMA'd 2 non-slim 360 consoles, I cannot avoid the potential meme of "Had to RMA Xbox Infinite because it died". I want to think thermal design happened this time, but assuming they care that much is a gambit.

Either way, like last time I will wait out the HD twins. I don't own a 360 anymore and my PS3 is mostly my nextflix / media box. My Wii is basically Classic Games / NES. Personally, it's more about all the homogenized games with pretty graphics that make the delay all the easier.
That and I'm a PC Snob. I love and live to build and tweak.

Xbox One sounds like a nightmare. Neogaf links:

Repurchase game if a friend wants to play your game on their gamertag (IE no trading or borrowing).

24hr online connection check required

Dirty console gamers, you are criminals now. Or at least the industry views you as such. Totally wrecked my co-workers Xbox job by pointing out how many bad moves they are making.

Bonus LOLs, a

For real, that dog looks cool. But Call of Duty, is personally viewed as the death of Capture the Flag and other actual non-deathmatch game modes. Fuck that series.

Now the Xbox thing is just hilarious when you see what the console names equate to in Japanese.

The name "Xbox" has always been somewhat problematic for Japan, because "X" is "batsu" (ばつ) in Japanese and is used to mark incorrect answers. In the West, "X" can cross things out. But it can also mean "X marks the spot" or carry the nuance of "extreme". In Japan, however, the circle is used to denote correct items. (This is why on Japanese PlayStation controllers, the circle button is used to select.) Thus, the "X" can have a negative meaning—though, not always. For example, Toyota has a sedan in Japan called "Mark X". Old Japanese men seem to like it fine!

As mentioned above, one of the nicknames for the "Xbox One"—a nickname that seems to have started on Twitter—is the Japanese word for "divorced". The shortened "X1" can be read as "batsuichi" (バツイチ), which is literally "one x" and means "once divorced".

To be fair, I'm not so sure Sony isn't baking some of this DRM crap into their titles too for PS4. I'd like to think not, but profit exceeds logic in the business world.

Edited by Pic0o

If it goes on sale I'd recommend a playthrough of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It was honestly worth the $15 to a guy that doesn't play much these days, but if I had more game time I'd of probably waited for it to hit a sale on Steam. A short/fun little romp which is entirely standalone from FC3 (they don't make this very clear).

Also Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is worth every penny, if you're into that sorta thing.

Thanks for the tip on Blood Dragon. I was interested but worried all the praise was hyperbole. I enjoyed the main game quite a bit, and what I saw of the story and crazy stuff in that expansion, you helped make that sale. Not pulling the trigger today, but it's on the radar now.

http://cherrytreehigh.com/

Might get 1st. Looks enjoyably cute. Demo downloading now, will peep tonight likely. $7.99 might land that into my life on Friday.

Moved Xbox One junk into my previous post.

Edited by Pic0o

Grand Theft Auto V collector edition info is up. $80 will net you various in-game perks and such, while also giving you a real blueprint of the city map. $150 adds a safety deposit bag to the mix. Nothing too riveting, imo.

The $79.99 special edition includes the game, artbook, blueprint map, in-game special ability boost for the playable characters, stunt plane trials, bonus outfits and additional weapons. The $149.99 collector's edition includes everything already listed in the special edition, with the addition of security deposit bag and logo key, cap, classic characters for GTA online and "unique vehicles and garage property."

September 17th is the drop date for PS3 and 360. I wonder what other options will be available before release, considering the new HD console cycle, and the depressing lack of PC release on day one. It stings a little to say it, but I may wait until other platforms are an option to play this.

• 3 weeks later...

E3 is still backlog to me, but saw Zelda: ALBW for 3DS. All of my Face in November.

Final Fantasy XV looks dope. I'd legit buy a PS4, if not on PC for that battle system.

. Better be good controls.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 should be great. 1st one quite worth playing and I enjoyed the 3DS one too. Will get this on PC.

Mirrors Edge 2 and PC release are good news! Must investigate this one.

Edited by Pic0o
Catching up

Final Fantasy XIV beta is back on this weekend and now I am allowed to share screenshots from today onward. I will be putting some work on this over the weekend. If you want to play before it release here in August, I'd http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na]apply for the beta.[/url]. PS3 and PC this weekend is being tested. PS4 version to release sometime in 2014.

Since I'll be older next week, I decided to treat myself to Dead Rising 2 OTR and regular version on Steam. Should be playing that a bit between some XIV sessions.

I may be on the TS server this weekend as well, as I am too weary from traveling to do much of it this weekend.